6 replies to this topic

#1 Babyface Nelson

Babyface Nelson

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:08 AM

Hey,
Anyone know if Mr. Richardson still mfg's those nice repro receivers ? What's his "turn time" ? I have heard that they are the best. Any info appreciated

#2 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:12 AM

I haven't heard of anyone getting one from him in years.

#3 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:29 AM

Had one on back order 2 years.... expect it is a very long line of backorders but they are the best. The M1/M1A1's look better than the originals. Last time I called Doug he was about ready to make some more had all the tooling set up. Don't know when he'll be turning them out.

BB

#4 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:31 AM

I got a semi-finished 27A1 semi-auto receiver from him that is being completed into a gun. It is very nice and has Colt markings, but keep this in mind, it has the demensions of a 27A1 semi-auto receiver and not that of a 21/28 full auto receiver. sad.gif

I purchased it around March 2004, but the only reason I got it was because he had already made it (a year or two ago) and the original buyer backed out of the purchase. In other words; I got lucky! wink.gif

You were right, his receivers are top notch. Very good steel.

Norm

#5 tsuba

tsuba

• Regular Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

i bought a21a from doug last year it is perfect

#6 NotDeaf

NotDeaf

• Regular Group
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:26 AM

BabyFace

I think my help you ....

Doug Richardson, 2100 McReynolds, Malibu, CA 90265. 310-457-6400. thompsonsmg@mail.com

Please le me know wht you find out ...

#7 ThompsonCrazy

ThompsonCrazy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:18 AM

I have an unmarked M1/M1A1 stripped Richardson Display that has been sitting in my safe for a few years now. Not sure if I should hold onto it or let someone else enjoy it as I may never make a display out of it???