Need Some Good Pics Of 1928a1 Markings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amafrank

amafrank

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:MG's of all types. Cannons that can be transported by normal people. Fine firearms of all descriptions.

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:21 PM

I am looking for some good quality pictures of the markings on a 1928A1 military gun. I need right, left and top views of the reciever. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Frank

#2 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:37 PM

The best detailed pics I've seen are in Frank's book "American Thunder". Many of the markings are very well explained, too. If you don't have it, try to get a copy. Tracie Hill's books are good sources too.

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:39 PM

I will email you some pix in a few days Frank. I had one at the 1500, should have let me know. Or do you have any of Franks books? If not, you can use mine.

#4 amafrank

amafrank

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:MG's of all types. Cannons that can be transported by normal people. Fine firearms of all descriptions.

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:10 PM

Thanks Mike,
I thought about the books while I was at the show but kept getting distracted by customers....I didn't get out to see much. I'll give you a call or email this weekend....
Frank