Sportsmans Guide

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:12 PM

don't know who's interested but they have Spam Can Ammo 600rnds for 84.97. there are also repro Ker no buclke slings and XXX type repros's on page 98.

XX's are $17.97 as are xxx's anyone know what shape these are in?

BB

#2 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:36 PM

The XX mags are not unlike the ones I got from "What a Country". Well used, many with the holes filled (British) and covered with much grease. I found that 1 out of every 5 was trash. Not what I would call a real good buy. You better own the mag anvil if you are going to purchase as I had to use the anvil to get any of them to feed.

#3 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2061 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:55 PM

What does the spam can ammo cost with the s/h included?
I have bought 3 cans at gun shows for prices from $65 to $80. Look around there.
The stuff is steel cased, and corrosive.
But it goes BANG! laugh.gif

#4 Bill-banger

Bill-banger

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

Tell me more about the anvil. Is this a homemade item or can you buy one somewhere? I made a tool out of a large wooden dowel to force a dent out of a Thompson mag I got from Tapco.

Bill-banger

#5 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 21 January 2005 - 09:57 PM

There are many prior posts on the anvil. A member of this board makes them -

#6 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1684 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:41 PM

Mag anvil.... just remembered mine was in the garage. Have to get a new one. Forgot to claim it sad.gif

#7 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:13 PM

Forgot to claim it?! Well! I hope that you didn't forget to claim that 1999 Lamborghini Diablo that turned to ash! biggrin.gif

#8 irl104

irl104

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Winchester Rifles and Shotguns
    Indycar Racing

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:46 PM

I bought five XX clips from them. three were bad condition, with one having the holes filled in, two with dents. I called them. They sent a prepaid shipping label. I returned them for three more. They were in great condition. 90%+ Then I ordered four more XX clips - great condition as well. I was very pleased overall.

#9 2dogsfightin

2dogsfightin

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:36 PM

Ill tell ya what I did.... I ordered eight or nine I cant remember ...Picked out the best five to fill my mag pouch and sent the rest back... They are fair to deal with. I got mostly seymore and auto ord. Just take a credit or have something else in mind that you want from them. Worked great for me...

2dogs,,,,,out