Photo
- - - - -

Who Was At The Thompson Shoot This Past Aug?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 11:07 PM

From what I remember, they were to air the Thompson shoot on the Outdoor channel in Jan of this year.

Has anyone heard any information about it?

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4556 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 08:04 AM

I thought they said either late January or early February. I just want to see how bad I look on TV! They interviewed Murray, me and a couple others for the show. If anyone finds it, let us know.

#3 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:44 PM

Here's a link to the Outdoor Channel, and their "American Rifleman" show. The episode description certainly doesn't match the pic of the gent shooting an M1A1. Is that a pic from last year's shoot?

http://www.outdoorch...howType=Variety

I couldn't pull anything up on their "coming attractions" page. From what I've read in the posts, I hope those guys weren't filming at the bar at night...wink!

#4 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:40 PM

Not the 2004 shoot.

Notice the shooter has one of the ultra rare left hand Thompsons generally only issued to the FBI.

MP

#5 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4556 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:49 PM

Wasn't it the Shootin' Gallery? I think that was it. Those air Sunday night at 10:30pm. But I don't see anything on the Thompson show listed there either.

#6 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:49 AM

Notice the shooter has one of the ultra rare left hand Thompsons generally only issued to the FBI.

Yep, thought that was one of those laugh.gif

Zamm

#7 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Jan 25 2005, 09:49 PM)
Wasn't it the Shootin' Gallery? I think that was it. Those air Sunday night at 10:30pm. But I don't see anything on the Thompson show listed there either.

I too thought they stated the "Shootin Gallery", but evey show I have seen is hosted by some goofy heavy set guy. I don't recall seeing any glimpse of him at the shoot which makes me wonder if it is not being aired or it will be some part of another shoting show.
I wish I could figure it out. wink.gif