Recipe For Elephant Ears...
Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:09 PM
Here's the recipe from the Gold Medal Alpha-Bakery.
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 425º.
2. Grease cookie sheet with shortening.
3. Heat margarine until melted; set aside. Stir flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking
powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk and 3 tablespoons of the melted margarine until dough forms.
4. Sprinkle a surface lightly with flour; turn dough onto surface. Knead 10 times. Roll dough with a rolling pin or pat with hands into a rectangle, 9x5 inches. Brush with remaining melted margarine, using a pastry brush; sprinkle with mixture of 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
5. Roll dough up tightly, beginning at narrow end. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Cut into 4 equal pieces with sharp knife. Place cut sides up on cookie sheet; pat each into a 6-inch circle. Sprinkle with more sugar.
6. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately remove from cookie sheet with a spatula. Let cool on wire rack. Makes 4 elephant ears.
Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:51 PM
Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:08 AM
Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:56 AM
Yes, but you are right about the elephant ears they are great!
Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:28 AM
Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:45 AM
Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:45 PM