Kerr Sling

Just picked up a original Kerr (NOBUCKL) sling for my Savage 28 at a gun show. It is in great shape, sort of mustard yellow. Paid $25.00, is this the going price, or did I pay too much or a good buy? And, it smells like the room full auto .45 describes in Ohio, MUSTY.

Sounds ok to me, Kerr's I have been tracking on ebaY are selling for $62 - $75+. Sounds like you have the M3 , the sling model not the gun, sling rather than the model 1917 Kerr sling...... Does it say NOBUCKL on it? What length is it?

Eagle3,

I am not a sling expert, but my understanding is that the M3 slings do not have the NOBUCKL markings. The fittings were simply blued on the ones that were mustard in color.

Other members of the board can confirm or deny what I just said, but it sounds like you may have either a repro or a unique combination of Kerr and M3.

Sling RKI....what's the scoup??

Roger

Just a note to say that the sling is not a repro, and has as mentioned the NOBUCKL hardware. According to Frank's book, American Thunder II, on page 366, "There have also been some M3 slings documented that were apparently manufactured by the "Kerr" company that made the 1917 web slings." This is apparantly what I have. It also has mildew proofed and 194?, can't read the last number, stenciled on the web material. I appreciate all responses, as I am very interested in acquiring the correct accouterments for my Thompson.

I don't think these are all that rare, I have two of them and see them regulary on Ebay - mustard color, shorter length than the rifle Kerr's and with the Nobuckl markings. $25 is a great price, I paid $30 for my last one, which included shipping.

Eagle3,

I stand corrected. I didn't have my American Thunder II for reference when I replied. This is some of the "new" info that Frank has included in AT II.