- - - - -

Wtk: Best Dummy M1/m1a1 Tsmg Receiver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leid

leid

• Regular Group
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Military history, hunting, NFAs.

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:17 AM

Hi guys,
I would like to build up a dummy M1/M1A1 Thompson for a display item. Who makes the best receiver for this purpose?
Thanks
Carey

#2 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:37 AM

Those in which are offered by Doug Richardson. $5.00 for catalog: D.W. Richardson, 2100 McReynold Rd., Malibu, Ca 90265

#3 faabala

faabala

• Regular Group
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 04:05 PM

Richardson receivers are made of unobtainium aren't they? rolleyes.gif

Edited by faabala, 14 February 2005 - 04:06 PM.

#4 TSMG28

TSMG28

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:45 PM

There is no question that Doug Richardson's receivers are the best quality. They have been hard to acquire lately due to Doug's five eye surgeries and his home building in Belize. In spite of that, we are fortunate that he is still willing to produce his products at all (assuming the latest surgery is successful). I am not a machinist, so I don't appreciate all of the nuances of the craft, but I don't see others stepping into this arena to compete with Doug at his level of quality, at least on the big items.

If I had a wonderful retirement home in Belize, I might be tempted to simply move there and find a new hobby. Thankfully, it appears that he will be continuing in the Thompson realms for the forseeable future. Sometimes, quality is worth the wait, albeit a sometimes long one.