• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:29 PM

I took my new "L" drum out to test it. The one I bought off of Gunbroker last week.

It is not marked with any "LEO" markings but it does have "For Export Only" stamped on the back. I compared it to my other WH drum and it matches it very well in the thickness of the metal and in every other way I can find. I compared it to a "Pre-ban" (his discription) non-marked drum that my local gundealer just got in. The drum lid on mine is noticeably thicker metal. In other ways it looks the same, though mine seemed to be a shade heavier over all.

Now for the acid test...I took it out loaded with 50 rds of Wolf ammo and did a drum dump.. flawless....I loaded it back up and did controlled bursts .....flawless....I loaded the last box I brought with me and dumped it.. not one hiccup....I'm very happy with it and I think I got a good buy since the reports of the "LEO" Numrich drums that were listed by LH were pretty poor.

Maybe I paid a little too much.. but it works.. and that's tha name of that tune... wink.gif

#2 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:48 PM

You didn't pay too much if it works and you are happy with it - nothing like a drum dump, What it worth is in the mind of the beholder...