Trading The Wh M1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Baker

Jay Baker

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, history, science fiction, old movies.

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:21 AM

Asking opinions on this trade. 80% finish on mismatched BNZ44 code, a shooter, which is what I want. Have a Wilson Tube but have a buyer on the hook. I won't sell the Wilson till I have an original incoming. Nevermind the accessories, does this look like an even swap or should one of us expect some boot?

#2 Jay Baker

Jay Baker

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:40 AM

Just one opinion?

#3 TNKen

TNKen

• Regular Group
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, machine guns, defensive handgun competition, snow skiing and ski patrol, my children

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:57 AM

If the MP-40 is a C&R gun, even though mismatched, and the WH is valued at $10 to 12k, probably an OK trade, not great, and you might be a little behind afterwards. Here is a C&R that sold on Bowers for $10k.

http://www.subguns.c...query=retrieval

My opinion only.

Ken

#4 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:35 AM

At current prices you could get a matching MP40 for a WH gun. JMHO.

#5 Jay Baker

Jay Baker

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:52 PM

I was of the opinion that the WH was worth a little more(who'd 'f thought), say $1500 or so. I won't trade it without getting extra cash. A couple of guys locally, one a dealer and another a poster here, both said I should keep the Thompson. With opinions running 4-0 against a trade, and my not being really hot for the MP40 with a Wilson already in the safe, I'll probably end up holding onto what I got----unless the other guy makes me a really good offer. With that being said, if anyone has a interesting offer of C&R emmagees, I would consider it. By the way, someone did offer to trade a T-16 for the Wilson, but I didn't think a WWII tracked vehicle would appreciate at the same rate. Thanks for the opines.

#6 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:46 PM

The $12K figure seems dead on as to the outer limits value for a WH. There are numerous examples for sale on the many boards priced at $15K, or $14K, or $13K and they are still languishing without any takers after many months. But the C&R non-tube MP-40 will probably eventually shoot past that figure quicker than a WH will ever see that kind of coin.