"round Clip" On Evilbay

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2053 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:25 PM

Hi guys,

This is interesting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...tegory=135&rd=1

At first I thought this may be a "C" drum, but looking at the picture where the cartridge guides are peened over it looks more like an "L".

What is it? Or is it a toy?
I don't think this guy knows what he has... and evilbay will zap him for sure when they find out.

Let the bidding begin...

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4538 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:56 PM

I emailed the guy to get a inside photo of the clip. To tell if it's a 50 or 39. There was a guy on a couple of weeks ago with a drum and I emailed them also but got no response. Ebay pulled them asap. His name on ebay was giantpanda4, anyone here?(hint,hint) wink.gif
Let's see if this guy gets back to me. I need another drum like I need another Thompson. Oh wait, I do need another Thompson!

#3 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1679 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 10:22 PM

Ebay sometimes lets the MGC drums go. This is obviously one of them (39 rounder). I've got one and it works great for real bullets too (especially after Merle takes a whack at it).
Dan

#4 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2053 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:08 AM

Hey Full Auto!

Here are the facts: I was the high bidder on the other drum when ebay zapped it, not the seller. The seller has an ebay handle of "Bahrone". I was a fool here, it was listed for a buy it now of $350. I decided to low bid it and ask my CFO/Wife about the whole $350. When a bid went in, the buy it now went away. After ebay cancelled it, my email would not allow me to send out messages for about a week (SoBig??) and by the time I finally contacted Bahrone, is was long gone. sad.gif

Obviously this means I am in the WTB: Drum catagory! I also need a 1928 lower frame.

Good luck with your bidding on this current drum on auction. I tried to contact the seller, but no reply yet.

Mike Wank

#5 Whiskey Brother

Whiskey Brother

• Regular Group
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 03:30 PM

"Light" surface rust???
I'd hate to think what this guy would think "Heavy" rust was.....

#6 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4538 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:45 PM

Sorry Mike, I thought the giantpanda4 was seller. My fault. I have asked for pictures of the inside on this one. I can get it reblued in a hot blue tank a buddy has. He has been doing some clips for me and turned out real nice. The guy emailed back and asked on how to get it apart! I told him how to and hope he can. Like to see the "light" rust inside!

#7 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4538 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 06:46 AM

Got a photo of the inside and yep it is a 39. Not really rusted inside. Drum is marked Auto Ordnance West Hurley,NY w/Thompson logo on cover.

#8 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 26 September 2003 - 01:08 PM

An overanxious bidder could easily assume it was a L drum, especially with all the rust, making it feel like its from the beaches of WWII. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.