Catalog

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 subsailor

subsailor

• Regular Group
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:05 PM

I've got a 1936 Auto-Ordnance Corp. catalog in near mint condition...30 pages, paperback, produced by Charles A Nixon Organization. Lists all Thompson models, spare parts, magazines, etc. ("Type L 50-cartridge capacity drum magazine....$21.00")

Am interested to know it's value and am willing to sell. Any ideas?

#2 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2415 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:37 PM

It depends on if it is an original or a reprint. Post a picture if you can. There were apparently several reprints over the years and a picture might help some on this board identifiy your catalogue.

#3 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4347 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:57 PM

Do a search on this board, and you will find an in-depth discussion that took place about a month and a half ago. I posted several pictures you can compare it to in that thread. I will make you an offer on it if is an original. I must see a picture of at least the cover to determine originality.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

#4 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:57 PM

Several different types of Reprints have been printed over the years, If you can, please post a pic..

#5 subsailor

subsailor

• Regular Group
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for the replies...will post a few pictures this weekend. No reason to believe its a reprint...no extraneous markings, etc, aged about right...but I'm not an expert! Thanks again and will post this weekend...

#6 subsailor

subsailor

• Regular Group
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:09 PM

After examining the pictures I believe I may have a "repro" as it is not in color on the cover...simple black ink. The cover paper is ribbed and of good quility but looks just like the "fake" in the earler thread. Ahhh well...

#7 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2415 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:09 PM

Look farther down in the subsequent posts regarding the ribbed pale yellow cover version of the 1936 catalog. There is reason to believe this may have been a subsequent printing to the originals and may be a desireable early version also. No one has yet determined just when the variation you have was printed. It is not as common an the green covered version, so post the pictures anyway and let us view the edition you have.