Jump to content

- - - - -

Wtk: Transfer Question

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 D.A.D.1921


    New Member

  • Regular Group
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:00 PM

Hello Guy's this is my 1st post.

I need to know the BATF rules on the following Transfer:

To transfer a Mach.Gun from a non license holder in the State of TEXAS to

A C&R holder in the state of Indiana. Currently its on a form 4.

Q: will this transfer Direct on a form 4 ? or does it have to go to a FFL in Texas first and then to
Indiana on a form 4?

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
  • 0

#2 amafrank


    Long Time RKI Member

  • Regular Group
  • 166 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indianapolis, USA
  • Interests:MG's of all types. Cannons that can be transported by normal people. Fine firearms of all descriptions.

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:09 PM

If the gun will transfer as a C&R it can go direct to the C&R license holder tax paid on a form 4. If its a west hurley non C&R or a reweld done in the 70's or early 80's than it will have to transfer on a form 4 tax paid to a class 2 or 3 dealer in indiana than another tax paid transfer to the C&R holder. Feel free to email me if you need more help. I am a class 2 manufacturer in indiana.
Good luck

  • 0

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

    Respected Member

  • Board Benefactor
  • 5007 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Looking over your shoulder right now
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:53 AM

DAD1921, Where in Indiana are you? You can email me that info. I'm in Indianapolis. And Frank is the man to go to around here.
  • 0