Photo
- - - - -

Anyone See Police Guns On The History Channel?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scoobie1

Scoobie1

• Regular Group
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:05 PM

They had about 10 minutes dedicated to the Thompson. Lots of vintage footage, most of it I had seen on other History Channel shows that featured a Thompson. The most interesting footage (to me anyways) showed a man doing a drum dump into a barrel, but the rate of fire on his gun was very very high. It was, however, vintage footage so the sound could have been altered or messed up. I could have sworn one of the "experts" on there holding a 1928 said it was chambered in .48 caliber. I asked my wife if I was hearing right, but of course she wasn't paying attention.

#2 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:39 PM

I was on the phone at a friends house today. He had the H channel on. I saw some Thompson footage, some of it familiar. Of interest, and likely the show you saw, was a rather rotund woman, circa 1930, firing a 1928. Did you see that part? I wonder who she was...

#3 Scoobie1

Scoobie1

• Regular Group
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:01 PM

Yeah I saw the old lady. She needs to learn how to lean in to it tongue.gif

#4 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 10 March 2005 - 10:27 PM

I thought he said 48 ACP as well. Or the the guy just before him that said "you could put in a magazine or clip and get of 30, 40 or 70 rounds in a matter of seconds." I'll have to ask Arthur for the lowdown on the 70 round mags.

#5 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:11 AM

Maybe the 30, 40, or 70 rounds he was referring to was one of the new C Drums, since 100 don't seem to want to make it outta there? Or maybe you can only get 70 of the .48 ACP in a 100 round drum...wink! I missed the show; I'll watch for the rerun.