More Nac Confusion

This seller is either very confused or the recipient of bad info. If the receiver doesn't have the Colt roll marks on the left side of the receiver with "Model of 1921," but has the Bridgeport address with patent dates, not patent numbers, on the right side, something is amiss. Photos would help.

WTS: 1928 AC THOMPSON, N.A.C., X-GUN, $20,500.00

Posted By: MACHINEGUN MANIA

Date: 3/1/05 23:31

BRIDGEPORT THOMPSON 1928A1 RESTAMPED 1928 AC. THIS IS ONE OF THE RARE N.A.C. GUNS WITH THE X STAMPED BEHIND THE SERIAL NUMBER AND UNDER THE STOCK TANG. IT ALSO HAS THE PATENT DATES ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE RECEIVER. I'M TOLD THESE WERE ORIGINALY COLT GUNS FOUND IN CRATES WHEN NUMERICH ARMS BOUGHT THE REMAINING SUPPLY. INTERNALS LOOK GREAT. OUTER RECEIVER LOOKS IN THE WHITE WITH VERY LITTLE VISIBLE FINISH AND SOME PITTING. GUN WOULD LOOK GREAT PARKERIZED. $20,500.00 SHIPPED.

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Mar 18 2005, 02:55 PM)
This seller is either very confused or the recipient of bad info.
WTS: 1928 AC THOMPSON, N.A.C., X-GUN, $20,500.00

Posted By: MACHINEGUN MANIA
Date: 3/1/05 23:31

BRIDGEPORT THOMPSON 1928A1 RESTAMPED 1928 AC. THIS IS ONE OF THE RARE N.A.C. GUNS WITH THE X STAMPED BEHIND THE SERIAL NUMBER AND UNDER THE STOCK TANG. IT ALSO HAS THE PATENT DATES ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE RECEIVER. I'M TOLD THESE WERE ORIGINALY COLT GUNS FOUND IN CRATES WHEN NUMERICH ARMS BOUGHT THE REMAINING SUPPLY.

Arthur,

You're right, the seller is obviously confused. It's a WWII Thompson that was resold to law enforcement during late/post WWII.

Obviously, no Colt made Thompsons had a Bridgeport, CT address on them. I wonder if he knows that all Auto-Ordnance contracted Thompsons had the patent dates and/or numbers on the right side of the receiver?