• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:40 AM

RARE MILITARY (WAR) PRODUCTION 1928 THOMPSON L-DRUM MADE BY CROSBY OF BUFFALO, NEW YORK. THIS IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, MECHANICALLY SOUND, MINOR PITS ON THE LEFT SIDE.

Buy it Now $1500.00

Ebay

#2 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2061 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:55 AM

This has been out there many, many times. Always sells, then is relisted. Or he has a bunch?

#3 leid

leid

• Regular Group
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Military history, hunting, NFAs.

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:43 PM

Typically, a Crosby drum should have a nickel plated rotor. The rotor on this drum is blued. Buyer beware!
Carey

#4 pmlogg

pmlogg

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:27 PM

Maybe the seller has got his hands on the drums that were supposed to be available in East Europe?

#5 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 22 March 2005 - 08:07 PM

Rotor looks to shiney to be an original in it. Notice the entire drum has a flat black color and the rotor is shiney blue. I think somebody picked up a parts drum and put in a new rotor. Still, $1500 is way to freakin much. If somebody goes for that, I know where a couple of 2nd & 3rd gen drums are at for less.