- - - - -

Ot: Unusual Graphics

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 27 September 2003 - 07:50 PM

Anyone else notice unusual page graphics here lately? Sometime when I reload, the usual graphics get replaced with someones avatar, or "new poll" icons. Very strange. I am using Netscape 7.01. Never had this happen before about three days ago. A reboot seemed to help, but it is doing it again.... Figure I am the only one. Surely someone else would have complained by now!

#2 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 27 September 2003 - 08:55 PM

Chris,
I have not seen anything out of the ordinary.
Using a microsoft browser... don't know if it's a glitch with Netscape.
Cheers, Zamm

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4573 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 27 September 2003 - 09:58 PM

Chris, are you sure your not trying what your confiscating? I have had visions like that but I just called them flashbacks! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#4 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 28 September 2003 - 03:41 AM

Chris,

I am getting mixed fonts in the posts, but it is only from certain members. Most messages are normal, but some have individual Cyrillic and some times Greek letters in the posts. It is usually just one letter or two letters in the middle of the post.

I thought it was just my PC. I am using MS Internet Explorer. I am still able to read the posts as this only happens every now and then.

Norm

#5 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 28 September 2003 - 08:54 AM

Just as I suspected! I'll clean cookies and other junk and see how it goes. Very bizzarre I tell ya. At one point Devlins Project X banner pic replaced every icon on the board! Gotta stop sniffing that Hoppe's.........

#6 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 28 September 2003 - 09:00 AM

Chris,

You don't have to stop sniffing it; just stop drinking it! laugh.gif

Norm

#7 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1015 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 29 September 2003 - 08:14 AM

Switch to Clenzoil.