- - - - -

Illinois Laws On Full Auto Weapons

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Harley-Davidson motorcycles (especially the older ones), Military type weapons, and more than anything, my wife and kids.

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:06 PM

:unsure: :unsure: If anybody knows Illinois firearm laws in Illinois, please tell me what I'd have to go through to legally purchase a Thompson submachine gun. Thanks.

#2 Lancer

Lancer

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1055 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

You have to be a class 3 dealer to own full auto in Ill. sad.gif

#3 rakerss74

rakerss74

• Regular Group
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:54 AM

I live in Illinois, from the way i understand it, C3only here.
This state SUCKS!!!!

#4 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1634 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:56 AM

Could you Illinois residents say get a WI corporation and buy under that corporation?
You could keep the full auto item in a locked case with a friend in WI or the dealer, I know that is legal.

#5 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Harley-Davidson motorcycles (especially the older ones), Military type weapons, and more than anything, my wife and kids.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

I know that you have to pay the $200.00 BATFE tax to the feds, but exactly what would I have to go through and what price would I have to pay to fulfill the lifelong dream of owning a full auto Thompson? I probably sound like an idiot, but this is all new to me.

#6 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

Like so many other state where the government does not trust the people - a state where a large number of class action suits are filed due to liberal judges - have you considered taking up golf?

#7 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

I'd prefer firing a full auto Thompson!

#8 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2444 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Warden @ Apr 3 2005, 07:54 PM)
I know that you have to pay the $200.00 BATFE tax to the feds, but exactly what would I have to go through and what price would I have to pay to fulfill the lifelong dream of owning a full auto Thompson?  I probably sound like an idiot, but this is all new to me.

Even if you pay the $200.00 tax they won't approve the transfer because Illinois doesn't allow individual ownership of NFA Title II firearms. Don't waste your time, move to an NFA friendly State.

#9 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4624 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:44 AM

Move next door to friendly Indiana! We gots it all here.