Jump to content

- - - - -

Question On Form 5320.20

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

    Long Time RKI Member

  • Board Benefactor
  • 708 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Coast
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:54 PM

When traveling with your NFA firearm on the commercial airlines, is it necessary to complete box 8 "Mode of Tranportation, name and address of carrier"? It seems that applies more to shipping the piece but I'm not clear on it..
  • 0

#2 gspc32


    Long Time Member

  • Regular Group
  • 15 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:52 AM

IMO you have to put something in this box. If traveling by air I put 'via commercial airline', by car 'private automobile'. The name and address info is needed if you are shipping the items by FedEx or with a moving company. Just my read on it...
  • 0

#3 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

    RKI Member

  • Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Location:North Central Pennsylvania
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:00 AM

I received my approval last week, only listed as family car, and no additional info.

I would list the name of the airline.
Address if it is a common carrier, such as UPS, USPS, FedEx...
  • 0

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

    Respected Member

  • Board Benefactor
  • 5006 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Looking over your shoulder right now
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:38 AM

Yes. List the name and or mode of transport. I usually put "personal vehicle". And list the name of the airline carrier.
  • 0