9 replies to this topic

#1 DC Chris

DC Chris

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:42 PM

All-

I started this project over a year and a half ago and it is finally over.... and I must say it was all well worth the wait. Basically, I started with a stock Kahr M1 16.5" semi auto carbine and got the approval to get it registered as a SBR. Then I sent it to PK last year for "the treatment". I think my requests were pretty well standard (rebluing, contouring, replacing the mag catch, wood, new butt plate, bolt hold open, etc.... too much to list) and PK delivered with a really stunning looking gun. To him - thank you. To anyone else considering getting some work done - I cannot express how satisified and pleased I am with the work he has done... and he is a hell of a nice guy to boot.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I will probably take it out the the range tomorrow and give it a test fire. For all the Kahr haters out there, I must admit that the gun did fire well out of the box before the work was done.

I did have Paul add Dave's EZ-Pull spring kit. It is clearly easier to pull than the stock springs, but not as smooth as pulling a full-auto M1 actuator... it isn't "pinky effort", but it will probably even get easier after I send a few hundred rounds through it.

Enjoy the pics.

Chris.

#2 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:35 PM

What a great gun, DC. Congrats! biggrin.gif Paul's done/doing several jobs for me and I second your comments regarding his work and personal nature. Couldn't ask for a better person if ya got ta have work done.

Let us know how it runs.

CJR

#3 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 09 April 2005 - 04:57 PM

DC Chris,

Nice looking gun! wink.gif

Aint it great when your ripping the box open to see it for the first time!?

My FA27 still draws a crowd at the range.

Another great job PK! wink.gif

Congrats DC Chris; I know the pain of the wait. I waited over two years for my gun (from project start to final product), but it was worth it.

Norm blink.gif

#4 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:07 PM

Nice gun!!!

#5 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:00 PM

Wow, beautiful job!

#6 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:29 PM

Are you sure you are allowed to have such a nice piece in our beloved State of Maryland? I think you've inspired me for a new project. Pretty Cool!

#7 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2882 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

Beautiful, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing Chris.

#8 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:49 AM

Nice Stuff DC!
Thanks for the pics.
Zamm

#9 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 752 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:49 AM

Chris,

Nice Nice Nice !! Now the big problem for you is which gun should you take to the range? It's a tough choice I'm sure. As always PK did a wonderfulo job. Enjoy !!!

Chuck

#10 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:29 PM

Nice work.. *nods* .. looks great... cool.gif