My New Toy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:11 PM

Just picked it up Saturday and put a couple hundred through it on Sunday. biggrin.gif

user posted image

#2 Elbow

Elbow

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:46 PM

Looks good.Any jams?I bet you had some fun shootin it.
Even with the longer barrel it still looks good.
How's the fit and finnish on it?

Have fun shootin biggrin.gif

#3 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

Not one Jam I shot Winchester Value Pack 230 Hardball Exclusively, Fit and finish is not bad but while cleaning it prior to shooting it I cut my fingers twice on machined edges and barked two knuckles due to that little tiny cocking knob... In cleaning it after shooting I noticed a wire edge in the breach area under the ejection port, also soem other sharp edges in that area I broke them with the trusty dremel and touched the bluing up a bit nothing noticable. On the outside the thing is absolutely flawless and I looked it over pretty good. Was pleasantly surprised by the weight. I plan to SBR it soon but I have some other medical stuff that I am going through right now that precluded my wanting to wait that long. After I am finished with this medical stuff then I should have the paperwork back to do the SBR this way I get to enjoy it while I can now...
Then SBR and Enjoy it even more. biggrin.gif

#4 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:20 PM

Looks more than just a couple of hundred. cool.gif tongue.gif

#5 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:30 PM

Oh that was just the amount through the Thompson... That target took a few hundred rounds some 357 some 40 S&W and some 9mm out of my AR Carbine... But the bulk of the damage was the Tommy Gun, THe tighter groupings are the Thompson Took me a minute to figure out the sights the notch at the top works out at 25 Yards and the Peep works in closer... Actually both work fairly well up to 25.... I think I am going to use this at my next tactical match and wear WW2 gear ..... Should be cool rapid reload is gonna take some practice!

#6 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

Congratulations and some fine shootin'!

MP

#7 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:20 AM

Nice photo too!!
Z

#8 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:46 PM

Thanks! I wish I had not gotten the shadow on there but it turned out pretty well!
I felt like I needed to be wearing Sgt. Saunders uniform when I was shooting it... biggrin.gif