16 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 12:29 AM

Geez.. I want some too..I'll buy all anyone will sell me..... blink.gif

Posted By: George Whiteman -- NFA Purchases / Texas (80.227.56.46)
Date: 4/14/05 00:44

I am looking for transferable machineguns at 50-70% of market value. Please email me with condition, tax status, and price. Thanks, George --and thank you Buddy for the board.

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:24 AM

Sounds like another one of those "dealers" wanting to rob people to make that hugh profit. Have they no soul?

#3 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:48 AM

I thought he was mocking John Thedford's ad which appeared immediately below because Thedford said he wanted to buy a Sten in a low $3K price range, i.e. 1000-1500 below market price. The text of the ad was identical.

#4 Bruce V 21/28

Bruce V 21/28

• Regular Group
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:TSMGs; Hunting; Motorcyles (HDs) Metal Detecting; History.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:37 AM

I hate to be " out done" .

Please consier this as an on going offer I will pay cash in advance (no 50 / 50 ) of $1000.00 for any transferable NFA items. I would prefer new in box but pristine condition is acceptable. I will negotiate transfer and shipping fees. Please act quickly as I have limited space available in my email. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#5 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:44 PM

I will offer 5 cents on the dollar for anyone interested in selling Harleys,
Hum Vees, Real Estate in nice areas, Thompson spare parts boxes,
Tiffany Lamps, Rolls Royces, Helicoptors, Harrier Jump Jets, Piccasso Paintings,
Microsoft Stocks, Raw Diamonds, etc...
Will pay cash.
Z

#6 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:12 PM

Hmmm.... Now would that be no questions ask and no paperwork, ole Big Z?

#7 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

I have a 1921 that i found in the attic. I don't think it's registered. It shoots just fine. I just shot 1000 airsoft pellets though it and it didn't miss a lick. finish is 100%, except for a few specks of red on the comp. Any of you Gents can steal it from me for 3K and I thrown in some paper targets.

#8 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Apr 14 2005, 07:24 AM)
Sounds like another one of those "dealers" wanting to rob people to make that hugh profit. Have they no soul?

At least this one is being upfront. tongue.gif

#9 Zamm

Zamm

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:57 PM

Phil,
I'll take it anyway, without the Vulcan cannon and the flat tire.! smile.gif
Z

#10 marks

marks

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Full auto weapons.

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:10 PM

I don't see a problem with the guys ad. First off, he's being up front and not trying be sneaky about what the offer will be. While I personally think 50% of value might be a stretch, is 70%? Considering he has a bunch of his OWN money tied up in a gun that has to transfer in and then back out of inventory is 70% of current value that far out of line? And how long will his money be tied up here? 6 months? A year? More? Should the dealer pay top internet (cough) dollar and set on the gun how long before he recoups his money with a profit?

While I wouldn't personally sell any of my own hardware at a discount as most likely none of you will there are always people out there that will for a variety of reasons. I know of a dealer that makes two offers, one is to consign the weapon finding a buyer and handling paperwork for $150. His second offer is to buy the weapon outright for 60% of current 'internet' selling prices. Everything is up front, no monkey business. He's been in the biz a long time and does plenty of it.

If the guy over at Sturm (who I'm assuming is a dealer) can find any takers I say more power to him. I hope he makes a bunch of money. That is after all why a dealer is in the business right? Too make money?

I'm not necessarily saying you guys are implying this but why do so many people expect dealers to eat shit and bark at the moon when it comes to making money on gun deals or sales where the use of their FFL is required? As a previous FFL/SOT, I use to run into this once in a while. People would try to squeeze me down hard on my fees when I was reasonable to begin with. It was almost as irritating as neighboring FFL's cutting each other's throats fee wise to make a sale. One local guy (with a storefront no less) does title one sales for $10 over cost. Rediculous.

Just a little Friday rant from marks. smile.gif

#11 Floridac3

Floridac3

• Regular Group
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Zamm @ Apr 14 2005, 07:44 PM)
I will offer 5 cents on the dollar for anyone interested in selling Hum Vees,

will pay cash.
Z

The way gas prices are going, you just may get those offers to buy a hummer.

I shopped fo one last year, and boy I am glad I went with an X5 instead. Over $100 to fill that hummer tank I'm sure right now..

#12 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:06 AM

Hell it cost me $55 to fill up my 04 Z71 after I left Knob Creek last week!

#13 Zamm

Zamm

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:49 AM

[QUOTE][I shopped fo one last year, and boy I am glad I went with an X5 instead. Over $100 to fill that hummer tank I'm sure right now..
/QUOTE]

Good point, perhaps I better go with a Honda Civic!
Crips, the cost of Fuel oil over here has topped $2.00 a gallon, I'm better off filling my oil burner with Diesel!
Z

#14 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 16 April 2005 - 11:26 AM

Z Man you haven't checked diesel prices lately.... We paid $3.20 a gallon for premium two weeks ago while trying to scurry thru Kalifornia back to the safety of Orygun..... I'm sure it is higher today....

#15 Zamm

Zamm

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:13 PM

Z3,
Whoa! Man-o-Man, that is quite up there.
I said I would never complain until it hit $4.00 a gallon, like most of Europe pays, but man,
$3.20 is getting kind of close!
Time to go back to two wheels! smile.gif
Z

#16 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 11:08 PM

Now that 40 miles a gal. on my Ultra don't sound bad!

#17 Zamm

Zamm

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

This anti-gun nut we have from long Island, Rep. McCarthey or whatever, one of her ideas
was to impose a federal tax on ammo ("bullets" as she called them) like cigarettes and alcohol.
Man, that would make owning the full auto's quite expensive, like an SUV smile.gif

Ah, me and my semi get 100 bullet per gallon compared to a 21' at 800+ ! laugh.gif
Z