Surplus Mags

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:18 PM

I posted this earlier but it never showed up???

I ordered a set of 6 mags and pouch from "What A Country" All six are Seymore and look brand new much nicer than the ones from AO/KAHR
MAtches the finish on my Semi M1 perfectly.... Order up Boys! Came packed in enough Cosmo to do a whole rack of Garands! The pouch looks danish, where can I get a repro 6 cell GI style pouch? IMA has 3 cell.....

#2 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:31 AM

There are no 6 cell Thompson pouches only 3 and 5 unless you are talkin' SPR Tom Hanks pouch. Are these XXX or XX mags? What price were they? More info please..... huh.gif

#3 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:07 PM

XXX and they are 79.95 for 6 plus the pouch... they also have them in singles www.whatacountry.com You can get them for 10 bucks or less though if you buy enough. They have XX as well.

Well the 5 cell would be fine or the SPR type but I just would like those better than what I got from WAC...
Where can I get a 5 Cell?

Edited by AFSOC, 20 April 2005 - 11:35 PM.

#4 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:56 AM

I took this picture of one of my WAC surplus mags and the "Factory Refurbished" mag from Kahr

Left is the refurb factory Kahr that they sell for $66 each, Right is one of the 6 from What a country that was about 10 bucks...
user posted image

Edited by AFSOC, 26 April 2005 - 08:02 AM.

#5 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:18 AM

Left is the refurb factory Kahr that they sell for $66 each

Man, that's Kahr'd up.......anyone who pays $66.00 for one of those mags is Kahr'd in tha head....... wink.gif

#6 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:05 AM

I know I refuse to buy them from them this one came with the rifle... Incidently it has dents on the back like it was used for a hammer.
I went to a gunshow Saturday here in town and found a Thompson XXX mag for the princely sum of 35 bucks! it had a dent in the front like it had been hit with a hammer... Ridiculous... Anyway What a country has some nice mags both XX and XXX for as little as 10 bucks...

Edited by AFSOC, 26 April 2005 - 09:06 AM.

#7 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns(what else?) cars (fords) and collecting modelguns (a primarily Japanese hobby, plastic/zinc hi-tech cap guns)

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Hawkeye_Joe @ Apr 26 2005, 08:18 AM)
Left is the refurb factory Kahr that they sell for $66 each

Man, that's Kahr'd up.......anyone who pays $66.00 for one of those mags is Kahr'd in tha head....... wink.gif

Hawkeye_Joe, I am going to ask you to stop swearing young man! Think of all the corruptable children that visit this site! laugh.gif

#8 Diane

Diane

• Regular Group
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

IMA has pouches that are originals as well as either the Auto-Ordnance or the Seymour magazines. They also have the original belts.