• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:09 AM

The drum from the group purchase SUCKED!!!!!! so I sent it back requesting my money back, but since there was no reciept they sent me a new one.

Received the new one yesterday and it felt heavier and seems like one from the older batches or rather one built before the ban lifted.

So, I am thinking cool, these generally work and are built better. I take the lid off and go to place it back on and the damn thing won't go. It was like the lip on the center hole was getting caught on the groove where the key goes. It was a struggle, but hope its due to tight tolerences that they use tongue.gif biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif .

I guess I will give it a complete work-out in another week or so to find out. If not, you may just be finding a drum for sale cheap.

#2 Uncle Dudley

Uncle Dudley

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Hot Rods and Thompsons

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:45 AM

I noticed the weight difference between the Kahr "group buy" drum and an earlier one. Also the letters and numbers appear to be stamped deeper on the "early" new drum. I'll have to wait about 4-5 months to try them. Did anyone snag the WH "C" drum on subguns?

Uncle Dudley

#3 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:38 AM

[/QUOTE]Might we wish to consider coining a new verb, "kahr"? I'm tired of hearing phonies across the land incorrectly using the noun "impact" as a verb, endlessly parroting each other and sounding silly. But maybe I need to cave in and be more forward-leaning.[QUOTE]

laugh.gif

Z

#4 julianmb

julianmb

• Regular Group
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:14 PM

sorry, i really do not understand. you have bought something that is no good, does not work, is no good. Do you think that the army accept that their mags don't work? Send it back at THEIR expense. i cannot understand all this about send it here etc to see if he can fix it....

#5 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:02 PM

julianmb--
I think you have a good point. However, one of the reasons we do this is because we were so thrilled that someone is finally making a Thompson "L" drum. Maybe, it's a little like drinking bad water in the middle of the desert. We keep hoping Kahr will finally get it right! We keep going back to the same water hole, even if it is surrounded by Kahrnage. Hey, it's part of the hobby and beats the alternative to building it from scratch. biggrin.gif

#6 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:18 AM

PhilOhio got me thinking......

KUBAR - "Kahred" up beyond all recognition!

SNAKU - Situation normal, all "Kahred" up!

TARKU - Things are really "Kahred" up!

What the "Kahr" are you talking about?

"Kahr" you, buddy!

Get "Kahred"!

Oh, and don't forget "Kahrs" Law....."If it can go wrong, Kahr will make it worse"!!

One is only limited by miagination and lack of knowledge of popular unofficial military acronyms! rolleyes.gif

john

#7 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (john @ Apr 25 2005, 11:18 AM)
PhilOhio got me thinking......

KUBAR - "Kahred" up beyond all recognition!

SNAKU - Situation normal, all "Kahred" up!

TARKU - Things are really "Kahred" up!

What the "Kahr" are you talking about?

"Kahr" you, buddy!

Get "Kahred"!

Oh, and don't forget "Kahrs" Law....."If it can go wrong, Kahr will make it worse"!!

One is only limited by miagination and lack of knowledge of popular unofficial military acronyms! rolleyes.gif

john

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#8 wildwilly2002

wildwilly2002

• Regular Group
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:31 AM

PHILOHIO, Very well said!

#9 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:08 AM

user posted image

#10 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

It is interesting how many people let them selves become Kahred - First they purchase a gun they know in most cases will not function, then they purchase a drum that has been reported not to work from the very first. From a company who has a history at gun making that has been questionable from the very first. Then they cry – “why did it happen to me” and how soon can I purchase a “C” drum made by the same group of Moonies? It’s a good thing this company doesn’t have a bridge to sell.

When Gordon came out with his parts box the cry was he was making a fake and they came down on him hard, yet the same people purchase the Kahr guns, and they fall way short of looking anything like a Thompson, at least Gordon’s boxes look like something real, and work.

I know there is a place for everyone – the 27’s have a place for those who cant afford a real Thompson or live in a state where they are not allowed to own full auto guns. I have 2 AO semi guns as well as FA guns. But, I don’t look to the East for Karr to bring me anything that works, and don’t expect it to work.

Instead of looking to Kahr – support the people who do the most for this hobby, people who are on this board repairing crap brought to you by this company. There is strong support on this board for the semi guns, as well there should be – instead of encouraging Kahr to make a C drum, support the actions of others and think twice before buying the crap. It would not be a surprise to see someone else come out with a working drum, both in an L and C model.

You don’t have to be Kahred…