• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:50 AM

Here is a really neat thompson pic, it is cropped from a photo of some WWII Pathfinders right before the jump into Holland for "Market-Garden". Notice he is using a 1928 that late in the war, and that he has mags taped to either side of the fore-end of the Tommy. This is pretty unique....I have never seen this done before...

user posted image

#2 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:47 AM

That is a really neat picture! At first glance I thought that was a little inconvenient, until I noticed that these were jumpers and probably needed secure methods of keeping gear together.

#3 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:04 AM

Cool pic!....he had an advantage with that 28 and his face tells you so... wink.gif

#4 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:11 AM

I also noticed and commented on the re-enactor board on the non-reenforced M42 but I didn't here because I thought that most here wouldnt' care about that as much as the mag storage and the M1928. *LOL*

Please don't try to reproduce these images as they are part of a private collection(s). I'm posting these as an educational photo collection for people that are interested in portraying an accurate impression of a WW2 pathfinder/paratrooper.

The poster of the pics has asked that They not be reproduced, that is why I modified it. I will post the URL of the thread and you can see all of the "Pathfinder" pics that he posted.. it was a nice collection. You possibly will have to register to read the thread, but it is free.....enjoy...

Thread with all the pics