My New Toy Has Arrived

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4585 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:35 AM

Just got my 1927 A3 .22 yesterday. Man was it rough. I can see a couple trips to the finishers for this one. But the price was half of what I've seen them asking for them. I'll have the reciever stripped and re anodized along with the lower so it matches. Wood is shitty. I forgot how bad the S/A wood could be. That will be changed. Oh well, can't afford another F/A just yet. Unless that new sheriff still wants to hold up the deal on those 2 old rusty Colts sitting in the class room.

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4585 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:16 PM

It was made in 1980. And looks well used.

#3 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Harley-Davidson motorcycles (especially the older ones), Military type weapons, and more than anything, my wife and kids.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

Be very cautious with your '27A-3 Mike. I had one back around 1980 or 81. A round discharged out of the ejection port. I immediately cleaned it, boxed it up and sold it. I hope you have better luck with yours. Just can't rely on some rimfire weapons.

#4 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:36 PM

A round discharged out of the ejection port.

Wow, what caused that?

#5 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1701 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:41 PM

Congrats on the buy. I have a lot of fun with mine, Its pretty accurate too. Fun to be able to load up 30 rounds in the curved mag or 50 in the drum and keep shooting. I was just wondering if you could get a ceinier mag to work with it if you brazed on an ejector tab. That way you could have 30 rounds in the traditional looking mag. I think I'll look into it.
Dan

#6 Warden

Warden

• Regular Group
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Harley-Davidson motorcycles (especially the older ones), Military type weapons, and more than anything, my wife and kids.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:40 PM

Hey Mike, When I bought it, the springs were weak, and often would not chamber the next round. So I got new springs, installed them, and tested the springs with live rounds. I'll never do that again. Mine didn't chamber correctly, and fired out of the port. I'll stick to center fire Thompsons only. I hope that you don't have the same problems that I had with mine. Good luck Mike. Dave