Unmarked 20 Rd Mag

Sten Guy

I am traveling right now so without easy reference to Doug Richardson's book or my own mags.

If this is an original Colt era blank mag then the sight holes are displaced further than the WWII era blank mags. Both are nearly identical other than for that easy reference. I want to say 3/8" from the edge of the mag to center of the sight holes for the Colt era mags, but heck my memory could be failing me right now, I do know the Colt era are further from the edge than the WWII and it is a VISIBLE difference. Wish I had a pic of the two side by side but only collect the pre-WWII era material.

I could if no one else coughs up information for you post the actual specs I am mentioning above, this weekend.

If a Colt era worth more than a WWII era. A nice blank Colt era mag has had as much as $200 or more asking price. If a Colt era and 50% I would guess about $75, if a WWII era I have NO idea!

michael

I own three different types of "Blank" mags.

I have a number of early Colt period blank mags, some WW2 blank mags a a Japanese Toy blank mag which you at "first take" one would think was real until you realise that it has no hold open bar and the feed lips are different.

On the colt period blank mag, the distance between the centre line of the sight holes on the left hand side of the body to the back of the magazine is 0.350" while on the WW2 "blank" mags, the same measurement should be 0.200" .In short, the sight holes on the WW2 mags are much closer to the back of the mag. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Hope this helps

Murray. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif