W.h. Forsale On Sturmgewehr.com

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NotDeaf

NotDeaf

• Regular Group
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

If you look at the picture, does it seem that where the trigger frame and receiver meet, right when a stick magazine goes, that the one part of the trigger frame is missing?? Or milled out?? Or is it just me?? That’s not right, is it??

WTS: WH 1928 Thompson Exc. $13000 + s/h

Once again, thanks for every ones help

Randy

#2 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2086 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:44 PM

There is definitely about 1/4"missing from the front of the lower. It looks klike a GI lower - modified? Could this be?

And what does he mean by full auto ONLY???? Doesn't sound very safe or legal.....???

#3 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:31 PM

At $13K doesn't sound like much of a bargain either

#4 kilroyjones

kilroyjones

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:51 PM

The ad says it started out as a '27A5 pistol. The Numrich catalog shows that the pistol version used a different receiver.

I would think the ATF would have them modify the design so that a standard frame w/ a stock couldn't easily be put on the pistol receiver.

The Numrich catalog also lists FA aluminum frames. Sounds like someone gathered some parts together and frankenstiened a '28 together.

KJ

#5 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:54 PM

Yeppers.... if he gets even his lowered price, my full auto 27A5 is going up for sale.....

#6 Nav4

Nav4

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:30 PM

For some odd reason all the light weight (Aluminum) lowers from Numrich have the SA frame cut out/step.
Now it seems that although this particular example has the light weight '28 lower it's receiver does not
have the step in it
(which leaves the gap)
This suggests to me it's really a WH '28 receiver and not an A5 .
I hope that makes sense .
I'm confused too as to why the guy would call this an A5 when the receiver (not so clearly) states
"Model 1928" and "Thompson submachine gun" on the side .

#7 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:37 PM

Since it is still April, I guess it could qualify for April Fools. The guy is using a 1928 grip instead of the M1/M1A1 type as well that would actually fit. Why not spend $500 for a complete Savage frame instead of cobbling this thing together? Maybe Maryland is like Connecticut where only full auto is now legal.

#8 DC Chris

DC Chris

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:35 AM

Arthur-

No, MD is still select fire.

Funny - this dude is really about five minutes from my house.... I didn't know he was Class 3.

Still not interested in the gun however.

Chris.

#9 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4582 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:17 AM

DC Chris, you should go over and check it out for us. See what you can find out about it and let us know. Take photos and all that crap like your interested.