Photo
- - - - -

I Took 21a 1417 Out For Some Exercise Today....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 snipershot1944

snipershot1944

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:US, German Military WWI & WWII weapons, US, German, British sniper rifles. Virginia State Police items.

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:00 PM

I took 1417 out for a test fire today with a friend who brought along his 21/28 overstamp. This was probably the first time in 50-years that 1417 has spoken. It ran like a champ, and I had no problems whatever firing off 2-3 round bursts even with the high cycle rate. I'm a big guy, and if I leaned into it, the recoil was minimal. The 21/28 overstamp apparently had a weak magazine catch spring, since the mags sagged a bit and would not feed correctly unless my friend held it with some upwards pressure. He's a retired Chicago Detective Lt. and we were laughing about "sending a message on the Chicago typewriter".

I also took along the C&R MP 40, and it had comparatively little or no recoil and was very easy to hold on target. Being a late bnz44, it was a bit crude and cranky at times, with two misfires and one stuck mag.

Comparatively, the MP was like driving a VW bug, while the Thompson was like a Rolls.

Sniper

#2 Lotusnut

Lotusnut

• Regular Group
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:14 PM

Wow ! Thats pretty cool ! Thanks for sharing....

#3 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1626 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:28 PM

Sniper
Glad you were able to enjoy your Thompson, I know you worked long and hard to find and get that.
michael

#4 wildwilly2002

wildwilly2002

• Regular Group
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:07 PM

I'll bet it had alot to say after being silent for so long! Glad ya got to enjoy. rolleyes.gif

#5 snipershot1944

snipershot1944

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:US, German Military WWI & WWII weapons, US, German, British sniper rifles. Virginia State Police items.

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:56 PM

Yup, to quote her.......Rat.tat.tat.tat.tat

#6 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:58 PM

Enjoy many happy times!

MP