C Drum On Ebay

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2086 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:00 AM

I was bidding on a "new" West Hurley C drum on ebay when they killed it.
Last I saw it was up around $611 (Friday??).... don't know what it was when it was cancelled.
Guy selling it lived in San Antonio, name is Patrick - I have a cell phone # but have not called him (my offer was too low!).

Anyone here get it? How much did you get it for? Inquiring (jealous!) minds want to know!

#2 NotDeaf

NotDeaf

• Regular Group
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:36 AM

I seen your bid, then I tried to up it over $100.00 and then, like you, waited and watched ... then it was cancelled.

I seen another C Drum, an Auto Ordnance, at the Creek this spring, the guy only wanted $500.00 for it, I should have bought it, but my cash was needed for another project ...

#3 wildwilly2002

wildwilly2002

• Regular Group
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:39 PM

Did u guys see the Seymore L drum that went for $1425. That auction didn't get canceled. I guess its all in the wording.

#4 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:52 AM

Yeppers that is what I keep tryin to tell ya'll.... Like I said, I sold a Ruger Pistol on ebaY with no problems..... Just need to work the system.... You just have to get your round peg to fit their square hole......

But I also believe there are people out there who will get your auction bounced by complaining, then try to pick it up cheap afterward..... That is why I never sell to someone hitting me up after a banned auction...