Eagle 45 Carbine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LUKADOG

LUKADOG

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:09 AM

I have noticed from a past post that several of you are knowledgable about this weapon. I have a chance to purchase one. I have been trying to research this weapon but can't find any info. What is the value of this weapon? Is it reliable? I also have the chance to get one marked 45/9mm. Any and all guidance will be appriciated. P.S. I am interested in purchasing this weapon so that I can keep my Thompson in its unfired state.

#2 LUKADOG

LUKADOG

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 10:50 AM

The asking price is $500. One of the guns is 45 only--parkarized. The 45/9mm is blued and the barrel screws off. It is set up for 45 with no other parts. The thompsons been with the family for a while.

#3 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 02 October 2003 - 02:01 PM

Around a year ago I felt lucky to get $125.00 for a eagle. They are a poor copy of a thompson and would be a poor investment. When the parts break, and they do, where are you going to get it repaired. The person who is asking $500. is dreaming. You will not be happy. In the last 20 years I have taken 2 or 3 in trade and they were all junk. Attached to a long rope they may keep your boat from moving.