- - - - -

Lend Lease Thompsons

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bfryar44

bfryar44

• Regular Group
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Collector of WW2 U.S. Infantry Militaria items. European Theatre of Operations with emphasis on Normandy Campaign items and Battle of the Bulge items.<br><br>Wanted: Vehicles, Rations, clothing, weapons, helmets, field gear, demolition items, and personal gear.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:16 AM

Thought I would share this neat picture that I found over at jouster.com Garand board.

user posted image

#2 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:26 AM

You left out the caption, "All the Thompson's you can carry, 100 quid"

Roland I

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4556 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:50 AM

With the smile, his eyes closed and the way he is holding the barrel of that gun, I would say he really likes the feel of a Thompson.

#4 snipershot1944

snipershot1944

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:US, German Military WWI & WWII weapons, US, German, British sniper rifles. Virginia State Police items.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:04 PM

He's smiling because he is holding $150,000 of Thompsons on today's market. smile.gif

#5 ACARLG

ACARLG

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

Caption should read: "I visited Dunkirk and all I got where these Gangster Guns!"

#6 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

I'd say those chaps have to keep a stiff upper lip. It would be in bad form, indeed, for the good Britisher to show too much glee. biggrin.gif Thanks for the great picture!

#7 Guest_phill1012k_*

Guest_phill1012k_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:40 PM

twoddle, i'm British and if i had that many Thompsons i'd be all smiles my friend...

#8 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:41 PM

Wonderful photo, bfryar44, and one I have not seen before. blink.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

#9 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:55 PM

That pic is also in American Thunder, I forget which volume. The humorous one is the pic of the poor guy loading drums by candlelight, in American Thunder II. It looks like someone sneaked up on him with the camera and he wasn't happy about either that or loading the pile of drums!

#10 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:06 AM

I wonder why this Thompson has the front grip off? Maybe getting ready for some gunsmithing? Someone cocked the gun and left it like that.

user posted image

#11 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

Good point, fellas. I see the gun behind is also sans foregrip. Buttstocks off too. Time for their own mounting (swivels that is...wink!).