"assault On Precinct 13"?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 p51

p51

• Regular Group
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:37 PM

Well, did anyone else notice the M1928A1 in the recent remake of this movie?
Nice to see it among all the modern weapons, but I truly doubt that:
1. They'd have ammo for it laying around
2. Anyone would even know how to load it
3. Full sure the woman using the thing would never have known to wind the drum up!

#2 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (p51 @ Jun 13 2005, 11:37 PM)
I truly doubt that:
1. They'd have ammo for it laying around
2. Anyone would even know how to load it
3. Full sure the woman using the thing would never have known to wind the drum up!

1 - .45 ACP is fairly common the last i checked. cool.gif
2 - If I remember correctly it was loaded from the beginning when they first showed it (and I hoped it would get used.)
3 - It is Hollywood where everyone knows how to work every weapon. tongue.gif

#3 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

Didn't go see that movie.... but I did go see Mr and Mrs Smith last night... pretty funny movie if yu can suspend your firearms knowledge for a couple of hours... Favorite Angelina line... "Oh and I get the girl gun?" Guess you had to be there..... ph34r.gif

Uh didn't see any Thompsons but plenty of other f/a action.....

#4 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 629 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:07 PM

One thing (well, besides the obvious) I did like about Mr. and Mrs. Smith was they picked up downed bad guys weapons and maybe even mags. Rare in any movie. The obvious was Angelina Jolie with guns (always a good thing). tongue.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif cool.gif

#5 p51

p51

• Regular Group
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

[/QUOTE]1 - .45 ACP is fairly common the last i checked. cool.gif
2 - If I remember correctly it was loaded from the beginning when they first showed it (and I hoped it would get used.)
3 - It is Hollywood where everyone knows how to work every weapon. tongue.gif[QUOTE]

1. Not in a modern police station it isn't. They've been fed for years on high-power pistol ammunition. 9MM and .40 caliber is the current trend in CQB weapons for law enforcement for quite some time now. .45 ACP has been out of favor for quite a while.
2. Well, it had a drum in it, but since it was in storage, I wouldn't have thought that drum was loaded. Anyone who's ever worked an arms room knows never to store loaded weapons. Besides, if the drum had been loaded all that time, would it have even worked when used without a disassembly and cleaning? I think it'd been neat to have a scene where she grabs the TSMG, asks how the heck you load it, and the Brian Denehy grabs it and begrudgingly shows her. But that's just me.
3. Yeah, I know. I didn't think anyone would argue that she'd never know to wind the drum. Heck, I didn't know to wind the drum the first time I fired a TSMG with one! I did find it funny that the highest-capacity weapons went to the people least familiar with their useage, except for the main bad guy (the main character just had a semi-auto pistol). I couldn't even tell what some of the weapons were as the movie was so dark.

#6 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Waffen Und Bier @ Jun 14 2005, 07:07 PM)
One thing (well, besides the obvious) I did like about Mr. and Mrs. Smith was they picked up downed bad guys weapons and maybe even mags. Rare in any movie. The obvious was Angelina Jolie with guns (always a good thing). tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  smile.gif  cool.gif

Damn straight on that one...

"Why do I get the girl gun?"