- - - - -

Ot: Please Help Id War? Machine Gun Rounds Found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:56 PM

Received this email a while ago I think comes from outside the group. Perhaps someone can help. They sound like practice rounds to me...

The1930sRust,

trupacker58 trupacker58@aol.com has sent you this email from http://www.machinegu...pload/index.php.

Anyone with information on a long belt ofmachine gun shells /rounds i recently found in an old farm house we are cleaning out. The year and size are unknown to me but these appear to be full rounds. they measure 2 1/2 inches long brass im guessing they have flat ends with a red color no point or rounded end to these . the letters on these are
L C 6 6 all spaced out around the shell . Anyone with any info on where or how I can find out something about these their age and so on please contact me or pass this on to someone who might be able to tell me something . Also in the area i found this I found several Inox switchblade knoves and Camillus knives plus many other shells i think 7 mm and alot more Please help thank you Helen

---------------------------------------------------
Please note that MachineGunBooks.com Forums has no control over the
contents of this message.
---------------------------------------------------

Regards,

The MachineGunBooks.com Forums team.
http://www.machinegu...pload/index.php

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Ziggycom Online]

#2 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4267 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:35 PM

Sounds like they may be .308 or .30-06 blanks? Lake City 1966 Headstamp.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com