• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1921A

1921A

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:51 PM

Does anyone know the current value for one of these things? Box is in good condition - no dents or rust. Original green paint and markings intact.

Thanks,

Greg Fox

06/17/05

Thanks for the information. Not sure if box is for sale or not - it belongs to another party who was curious about it's value.

Thanks again,

Greg Fox

#2 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:49 PM

I got one on Ebay around a year ago for $50.00 - I have seen some pay up to $150. ???? Like other thompson items it depends on how much you are willing to pay.

#3 Murray

Murray

New Zealand Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:1921 and 1928 Thompsons, Luger pistols.

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:19 AM

I bought one at the SAR show before last, (2003) for $100. It was a really nice one with no dings and all original paint work. Last year a guy had one there which was obviously a repaint and he wanted $200.
As ron says, "Like other thompson items it depends on how much you are willing to pay."
Regards
M

#4 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2062 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:32 AM

I remember being outbid on a couple on evilbay - they went for around $160 - $180.

Remember, as I believe it was PhilOhio who said when you win something on evilbay you just agreed to pay more than anyone else in the world would pay..... so I would put those prices in as a high end. Doesn't surprise me to see them around $50 - $100 at shows.

Anyone got one for sale....??? ph34r.gif