Wh L-drum Question

I have a Kahr Arms L-drum that I use on my 1927A1. For the most part it works. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

I might have a chance to buy a WH L drum for $200. Would this be a better drum than the current Kahr?

Is the WH made from heavier guage steel? The Kahr body seems thin, but then I have never handled a real drum.

ETA: Just found out the drum is marked for LEO~Export only. This would most likely make it a Kahr wouldn't it?

KJ

Edited by kilroyjones

It should be a Kahr and you take your chance with the Kahr drums - some have been reported to work and some dont..

The LEO High Capacity ban went into effect in 1994. Kahr bought the Thompson gun products in 1999. The drum may or may not be "Kahr". As it is marked LEO it is clearly not one of the new "After the Ban Expired" L drums which have been of generally poor quality.

At $200, I'd go for it.

MHO, YMMV, IYL, and all that

MP

Kilroy: I own 3 Bridgeport and 1 NY "L" drums, they all run flawless in full auto. I have owned several West Hurly "L" Drums and they also ran great without any problems. The problems with West Hurly Drums was limited to the "C" Drum. I owned a new in box "Law Enforcement Only" "L" drum, it did not look as well made as the regular WH "L" drums, the metal thickness seemed to be thinner than the regular Westies. I never did try it out, I sold it to Tracie Hill because he was looking for one for his collection, so I cannot attest to it's reliability.

The price you mention for a WH "L" Drum seems like a great deal, I would jump on it without hesitation.

Mike Hammer http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif