"21 Buffer Pilot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bug

bug

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1468 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, metalworking, woodworking, photography.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:48 PM

Does anyone have or can you direct me to a good picture of the '21 buffer pilot and spring assembly? I don't need the actuator. TIA

Bob D email addy mg.bug@verizon.net

#2 TSMG28

TSMG28

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:06 PM

Bug,

Are you looking for this to use with a '21 actuator in a Tommy? If so, and if you don't care about having everything original, I suggest you purchase PK's hybrid pilot and buffer disk. It looks like a '28 pilot on the back end, but is the larger diameter of the '21 pilot on the front. It works with a standard 1921 recoil spring, which you can get from Wolff (PK can also supply the Wolff spring), and a standard or replacement '28 buffer disk. I put one of these hybird setups in my '28A1 along with a '21 actuator and it performs beautifully. Not the "real thing", but a nice Memorex copy!

I can send you a pic of the hybrid pilot and buffer if you wish.

If that doesn't provide what you are looking for, I do have a pic of a '21 actuator, buffer and pilot, including the internal buffer disks. I can Email that to you as well.

Let me know.

Roger

#3 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:08 PM

Does PK have these available and for how much?-adlake