Tony Rogers-just An Awsome Site!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

Hi guys,

I highly recomend this guy's website. tongue.gif I just stumbled upon it while looking for information on military weapons. He also has some great photography, humor pages, and interesting news, links, etc. biggrin.gif He apparently loves guns, beer, the Second Amendment, the Navy, family and friends. He seems like a great guy with a very nice website. blink.gif cool.gif

http://www.tonyrogers.com/index.htm

Best, Walter

#2 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:10 PM

Walter,...thanks for the tip on this site...you have got to check out the new sniper video from afgan land!...go to `humor` and todays new video is up top...God bless Barrett!... wink.gif

#3 Supershooter

Supershooter

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

Wow, talk about getting your shit blown away!!!!! It hadn't occurred to me that the .50 did that kind of damage.

Rich

#4 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:04 PM

I enjoyed the site too. It has a lot of toys and good articles.

#5 WEllin11

WEllin11

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 07:43 PM

I couldn't get it to open. Windows Media Player said, "could not find source filter." What do I need to do? Sounds like something I'd like to see. Thanks for assistance.

#6 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (WEllin11 @ Jun 22 2005, 08:43 PM)
I couldn't get it to open.  Windows Media Player said, "could not find source filter."  What do I need to do?  Sounds like something I'd like to see.  Thanks for assistance.

Hi Wayne,

Make sure that you have the latest version of Windows Media Player. ohmy.gif blink.gif I believe that version 9 is the latest. You can download it for free at their site: Microsoft. biggrin.gif cool.gif

Best, Walter

P.S. Remember to right click on that which you want to view and then click, "save as." Go back to the folder you put it in, or allowed it to be put in, and play.:-)

#7 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:32 AM

Walter,

There is now Media Player 10.

His web-site worked well with my computer.

Norm

#8 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1249 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:25 PM

I'm sure I'll draw flak for this one, but those .50 caliber Barrett sniper videos look more like varmint shooting (woodchuck, marmot, etc.) to me. I've watched them about 6 times now. Anyone here, feel free to agree or disagree. I want all the bad guys blown away too, don't get me wrong.

#9 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Ron Mills @ Jun 23 2005, 08:25 PM)
I'm sure I'll draw flak for this one, but those .50 caliber Barrett sniper videos look more like varmint shooting (woodchuck, marmot, etc.) to me. I've watched them about 6 times now. Anyone here, feel free to agree or disagree. I want all the bad guys blown away too, don't get me wrong.

Hi Ron,

I went back and viewed the video several times and it appeared that they were indeed blowing people and rock away with that rifle. blink.gif ph34r.gif Focus especially on the last hit; it certainly looks like a person to me. Remember these guys are not close, hence the ant-like appearance. cool.gif

Regards, Walter

#10 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1249 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

So, any guess on the range(s) on those shots? I'm not so good at that. Maybe that's why I wouldn't be a good candidate for sniper school.

#11 DC Chris

DC Chris

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:45 PM

Ron-

I agree with you. I thought the very last frame before the fade out showed a very lush (cut?), green field - like something you might see in Arizona next to a watered golf course. Not what I would expect in that area, but I could easily be wrong as well. The doubt entered my mind too.....

Chris.