4 replies to this topic

#1 railroader

railroader

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Retirement, Firearms, Golf, model railroading

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:44 PM

I'm new to full auto world, so please excuse my ignorance, but I was wondering wether or not
you could use one of the modern recoil buffers (such as the ones from Buffer Technology or Black Jack Buffers) in a 1928, instead of the one designed for the gun.

#2 bug

bug

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1468 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, metalworking, woodworking, photography.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:51 AM

I have no experience with the BT buffer in a Thampson. I use one in my Chinese M22 (AK47) and it works well. The OE fiber disc buffer in the '28 is quite hard while the urethane BT buffers are a good deal softer.

In my opinion, I don't think it would hinder the operation of the gun or damage it but it might not hold up to the pounding as well as the original.

Bob D

#3 DINK

DINK

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:58 AM

If you want a better buffer, I would suggest you contact PK (a frequent poster and "the" Thompson smith) for one of his.

pk@gwe.net

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4556 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

I have some polyurethane buffers that work great. I've been using them in my WH 1928 for about a year now. Almost as hard as the originals. But they last longer. If you need some, let me know. I've got to get them posted on my website. Been too busy these days to work on it much.

#5 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:43 AM

I gotta a buffer for a 1928 I can get rid of. Have any switch keys biggrin.gif -adlake