*caution Ima*

Just wanted to caution everyone about IMA. I purchased a mag, pouch, garand leather sling & web belt combo from IMA at the end of May. They were perfect, so I ordered another set pronto. What I recieved was very poor. The web belt and pouch hardware was corroded. The slings were not the same quality as before. Moldy, hammered metal and no date stamps. So I returned them. Two weeks later I called to check up on the return, I was told that I had to wait for the owner to come back in the states because they never sold that style/dated pouch to me. In essence they are saying I switched it out! When I confronted them with the accusation they said I must have a guilty conscience! I have spent a lot of money with them in the past and that was my last dime with them. The lady (I use that term loosely) was very rude, yelled constantly and if were employed by me would be fired. I think they had reached the bottom of the barrel on these items and tried to stick it to me. I paid with my credit card so I will dispute the charges. I will follow up with the owner on this, which the gal said she would love to hear!

I stopped dealing with them alltogether for similar reasons. I once called and inquired about the 28 parts kits that they had. They could not answer the question and said they would hold the order until someone who knew what they were doing could call me back. I gave no payment information. The call never came. They then went ahead and dug up my debit card information from a previous transaction, charged it and sent the goods without my approval. I told them that they took the money directly from my checking account and I would need it back right away. The woman said sorry but there was nothing they could do untill they received the order back and processed a refund that would take a long time. I told them If they would not take care of it I would dispute the charge and keep the item since I did not order it. (anything that is sent to you via usps that you did not order is a Gift...check for yourself)

They got the boss on...some whiney Christian that is supposed to be the owner or something. He was totally obnoxious...no appologies...and just did not give a crap and hung up. I had to dispute the charge to protect my account. Very nast individual! I do not do business with them any longer. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

I hope you have better luck than I did. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Damon

"95% of the population rolls over and plays dead every time a ripoff artist works them over. Be in the 5%. Shake their confidence in the technique. "

"I" would hardly call IMA "ripoff" artist. I have bought from them twice once for the kits, that hopefully someone doesn't rat me out on, and most recently for the mags and pouches. Both times I recieved super and not so super stuff. But both times the value for what I paid was well within reason.

I have bought many items from IMA over the years ( too much ) and have had very good service from them in the past. This has the first time dealing with Julie. What a nice lady (NOT). The first set of mags & pouch set was perfect. So new looking that I first thought they were repros. On the second purchase there was just too much corrosion for the money. Even the wife said it looked like crap compared to the first order and asked if I was going to return them. I consider myself a very honest man. It realy ticks me off to have a nasty person accuse me of switching a mag pouch. I have disputed this with the credit card company. I just wish I had sent the mags back to. I should have because someone had cold blued over some pitting on a couple. They still looked new from a few inches away. I still may send them back in the end. It's just a roll of the dice with IMA. I'm done taking my chances with them. I have also delt with Tapco with there cheap $9 XXX round mags and sent back two that were packed in cosmo and after cleaning were rusted through. They not only sent back two replacements but they were brand new, and appologized, not accuse me of switching them out! If you deal with them just cross your fingers that you don't have to return anything!

I have had good luck with them, and bad luck - some items I returned, such as a vented handguard for a winchester 97 riot gun. It was made in India and really sucked. It didn't look like anything I had ever seen. I returned it and got a prompt refund.

A cloth cover for a thompson was rotted and fell apart when it was touched - returned and got a refund.

No questions asked and refund was prompt. Just ordered 50 round baskets for MG34 and holder - outstanding condition as was the Bbl for a MG32. Other items were as good as expected or better.

I think you take a chance with anyone selling surplus items - or repro items. The people on the phone have always treated me great, I can't say that for other vendors.

Its just the luck of the draw.

I've had good and bad dealings with IMA, including "talks" with Christian. So many of these companies don't inspect what they ship and their warehouse people have no knowledge of what their handling. They shipped me a Bren tripod with a leg missing and insisted I pay to ship it back, then they would ship me another. They finally relented and shipped me just the leg. I found out they had high school students working summer jobs box these up a year earlier. I will say it here as I've said on other boards, MAKE THEM PAY THE RETURN FREIGHT. After enough of this they will start to inspect what they ship. ALWAYS use a credit card so you can dispute it. I just sent a broken/rewelded/pieces missing belt loader back to Sportsmans Guide. They sent a return UPS label but didn't want to credit the original freight to me. After a "pleasant" conversation they agreed to refund the original freight. Stick to your guns!

I ordered a Lyman sights and a top half of a 1928 set and I had nothing wrong with them. In fact I got to change the actuator out for a knurled one. But I will be wary. Thanks fellas for the post, sorry you got had. busness shouldn't be like that-adlake

• 9 months later...

Well,

A while back, I ordered a MP44 op rod from IMA and it was missing the charging handle. The op rods advertised/pictured for sale all had charging handles. That "Christian" guy also implied that I had swapped out op rods. He said " be sure to send back exactly what we shipped"....I did..the op rod with the missing handle.

I'll never do business with them again......the nerve of some folks...pathetic

I've had fairly good luck in the past, mostly with parts kits and dummy guns. I was missing some items in one of my Vickers kits and they responded with the missing part fairly quick. I think it is just the luck of the draw, as to what condition your order will be. I got some absolutely beautiful MG 34 parts and some really crappy 1919 parts. I'm sure they are also under a lot of pressure to empty their bins, no matter what is in them. I agree with rennovate7 that their workers may not be very knowledgeable. Their phone PR has lots to be desired too. I don't know how you guys feel about Sarco, but I prefer them in the area of service, over IMA.