Possible Drum Purchase

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rkr

rkr

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, gun collecting, shooting, model tank building and my family

Posted 08 October 2003 - 06:19 PM

I have a chance to buy a Colt "C" drum mismatch numbers in about 90% condition with a mint Rusco canvas pouch for $3500. Also a Colt "No." unnumbered "L" drum 99% with commercial canvas pouch for $1500. These prices may be negotiable. What do you think of the deal. Thanks for the input as this is a big purchase for me if I proceed. Rob

#2 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 08 October 2003 - 06:31 PM

Rob, I think that the price on the L-drum is reasonable, if indeed 99% condition. However, I also think that the C-drum is a little high, based on mismatched numbers and 90% condition. I think $3,000 would be more reasonable for the C-drum. Regards, Walter

#3 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 07:19 AM

I would like to know what 90% means. I have seen some great 90% items and some crappy 90% items.

If the drum still looks great (forget the %) then the 3,500 is a good price. You may be able to post on the different boards and actually find the matching half.

I would say the condition and reliability is more important than the matching numbers. Plus I have not seen a Colt C Drum for less than $3,000 within the past 2 years.