• 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:22 PM

I need one if anyone who gets some wants to part with one! Chopperjimmy

#22 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

I need one! wink.gif

#23 Bob

Bob

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:03 PM

This is what they just sent me, what a joke;

Dear Bob,

Thank you for the E-mail.

We have placed certain restrictions, on certain items listed in our catalog and our web site.
Due to the various state, county and municipal laws that exist, we are not always able to comply with each individual guideline. Not all of the restrictions are based on laws on the books, but could be a company decision based on certain concerns. Things such as whether the state law suits pending involving gun owners, recent court decisions that may effect businesses like ours. Finally it may be that the states laws are so vague that they could be interpreted unfavorably in the event a court action was ever involved, and finally as a public held company, we are obligated to safeguard our stockholder's investments.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any other questions please contact us.

Enjoy the Outdoors,

Kari Lee
Customer Service

#24 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:44 PM

Hello Everyone

Everytime I go to there showroom in S. St. Paul There always real nice and freindly. I bought one of those bolts and its a Savage bolt Nice piece. I bet these drums are nice as well-adlake

#25 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4347 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

Well, I was successful in ordering a drum on the website, but apparently there were so many ordered that SG inventory updates did not catch up with incoming demand.

Bottom line.....I'm not going to get my drum...

Here is a copy of the letter. They also gave me a $5 coupon...

Dear Guide Customer,

Thank you for your recent order xxxxxxxx with us at The Guide.
Unfortunately, the following items are sold out and no longer available:

- NEW THOMPSON 50 RD DRUMS

We have not charged your charge card for any of the above items. We
are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Our Web site is automatically updated several times each day. We try
to keep only available merchandise listed on our Web site. Therefore,
if an item is on backorder or sold out it should not show up as being
available to order, except on rare occasions. We really do value your
business and we understand your frustration.

If you would like to verify availability on a particular item, call our
Order Desk (1-800-882-2962) or our Customer Service Department
(1-800-888-5222) to help you.

Please reference your order number: xxxxxxx.

Thank you for shopping The Guide.

Z3, if you want to sell one of your 10 when and if you get them, please put me on your list.

Thanks!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

#26 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 757 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:32 PM

Z3,

Same for me on any "extra" drums if you are willing to sell to an Ohioian. Thanks

Chuck

#27 bigred

bigred

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Civil War and WWII Reenacting, All areas of History, Computers, Firearms.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:04 AM

I guess I better speak up here with the rest too if anyone ends up with an "extra" one. They were already out of stock (supposedly) when I ordered mine.
Jaron

#28 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:35 PM

Just a little note here about fair play on the board, and in life. I know some of you are upset that I was able to get an order thru and you were not. I’m sorry we all didn’t get orders in, but that is not the way it worked out. Now if you want to call up and argue getting in on the order on “your own” merits, fine, I have no problem…. I would do the same. But apparently some here have argued and used my order as and example asking why I got in and they didn’t. I’ve spent some time on the phone and have more or less worked it out, I’m still getting my order but it has been modified. I try to be more than fair to the board as I’ve saved hundreds maybe even thousands of dollars because of everyone’s help here. I don’t mind selling at cost or even giving items free… I also donate to the board at Christmas and on Nick’s birthday as should everyone here… So to those of you who tried, maybe inadvertently, to mess up my order. I would never do it to you and I expect the same respect in return.

#29 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 757 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

I for one am glad that people on the board were able to get in on such a reasonable deal. If anyone ended up up getting more than one, more power to you; I was trying to order 3 myself. I questioned the policy of the Guide since there was no local, county or state law that prohibited them from selling a drum to me. Yes, I felt left out but was happy that people on the board were able to take advantage of the deal. Sure is better than some unscrupulous dealer getting them and gouging us !!

Chuck

#30 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:42 PM

My understanding is that they are not coming from Russia, but what do I know? But I guess import is import no matter what the provenance.....

#31 philasteen

philasteen

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1118 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (hardrede @ Jul 29 2005, 03:58 PM)
In light of recent developments, I would be surprised if ANY drums are shipped. They are from Russia and they need a "retransfer authorization." I am betting it won't be done by Sep 15. And, in light of Customs developments, very likely NONE get in.

Good Luck!!!

Give it a rest Hardrede. You remind me of Aesop's fox.

#32 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:31 PM

"Ron it is nice to hear from you that I am correct about this import crap."

i'm sorry is there another ron post that i didn't read? maybe some hints for us not as enlightened.....

#33 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

everybody wants ta get inta da act! i must be on a different plane myself........ but thanks for at least backing up what i have been posting here.... i knew i was on the right track and having a respected member in my court puts me one step closer to my own attempt at the coveted respected member status.... hope to see you at the top!

#34 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1249 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:44 PM

ron: Ah cha cha cha, as Jimmy D. used to say. "Inka Dinka Doo" was my fave tune of his. Never got to back him up; played for Bob Hope & Johnny Carson, so I guess that's enuff.

hardrede: Not a bad idea regarding the Ruskies waltzing down into Iraq. It would be great fun to watch on TV. Let 'em uncrate some of those Lend-Lease Thompsons with 'C' drums and go to town(s)...