Jump to content

- - - - -

Who Can Change Barrels For Me?

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MadDogDan



  • Regular Group
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:45 PM

I just sent in my Form1's to turn my lightweight Auto-Ordnance 1927A-1C into an SBR. I know where to purchase a 10 1/2" barrel but need someone to do the work. My only experience with barrel changes is with AR15's and my local gunsmith works on a lot of AR's as well but I don't believe on Thompsons. Are there "receiver blocks" to hold the upper like there are for AR15's? How do you index the new barrel? Is head spacing critical? Is there a good book with information about barrel replacment and other general repairs?

If there is a Gunsmith on this Forum that can do the job, please let me know. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

MadDog sad.gif

Edited by MadDogDan, 28 July 2005 - 04:18 PM.

  • 0

#2 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

    RKI Member

  • Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Location:North Central Pennsylvania
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:29 PM

Is head spacing critical?

You bet it is!
Its a job best left to those with the tooling and experiance.
  • 0

#3 John Jr

John Jr

    Long Time RKI Member

  • Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mena, Arkansas, USA
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:37 AM

Contact PK who posts on this board and is listed in the FAQ. Wouldn't this have been a great topic for a semi auto only...... opps...... laugh.gif
  • 0

#4 chopperjimmy


    Long Time Member

  • Regular Group
  • 11 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:11 AM

Maddog-Go to PK-(from the boards here). He just removed a barrel from a receiver stub for me. He was fast, charged a very reasonable amount, and even sent the parts back first-them sent the bill! He gets my highest recommendation. Chopperjimmy
  • 0