Pk Has Done It Again!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 10 October 2003 - 09:16 PM

I received my 27 back this week that I sent to PK to be rebuilt like a project X - its outstanding, even better looking than my 28. Anyone who wants a semi 27 that looks like a 28 as much as possible should consider sending their gun to PK. I can't say enough about the quality of his work. The finish work and blueing is outstanding. The bolt holdopen device is the best thing that has come along in quite a while. NO more 3rd hand device.
Thanks PK for a job well done!

#2 brian

brian

• Regular Group
  • 345 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 02:41 PM

he has my '27 now. not doing a project "X". but can't wait to see it. i did'nt think i'd miss it as much as i'am sad.gif , even though it was'nt working.

#3 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 13 October 2003 - 02:42 PM

I had already had mine converted to a SBR - this work just makes the job complete.

#4 The Virginian

The Virginian

• Regular Group
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 03:56 PM

How much did this project cost? I would consider doing it after Kahr gets tha damn thing to work reliably again. How do I get in contact with this Tommy gun smith?

#5 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 04:21 PM

PK is on this board - just look for his logo when responding to an item and send him E mail. Cost will be based on what you have done. He has many posting on this board.

#6 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 27 October 2003 - 04:28 PM

Virginia:

Welcome!

You can find a LOT of info in our FAQ, located at the top of the forum. You'll find lots of very useful information here, too, by browsing past posts. Good luck with the gun. It will work one day!

#7 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:50 AM

Did you guys use the 28 frame or a modified 27 frame? Also, I was wondering whether to leave the "auto" engraving or to have it engraved over with "hold." What did you do? Thanks

#8 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 01:27 AM

I obtained a 1928 lower from Sarco - they are out of stock now - and PK milled the lower to mate with the 1927 upper. Where the lower 28 receiver says Auto - he mills out the letter and restamps with new letters.