20 Round Mags

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ranch8

ranch8

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 07:31 AM

Newbie question, I just picked up 4, 20 round mags . They are all marked diferent . I was wondering if some were more rare then the others. One is marked "THE CROSBY CO." , the other is marked, "PATENTED-AUG.20,1920 AUG.24,1920-JAN.11,1921"
The other two are marked " AUTO ORDNANCE CORP BRIDGEPORT CONNECTICUT" Thanks for any info you might be able to share.

#2 deerslayer

deerslayer

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1682 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 01:50 PM

The patent date marked one is less common and was made for the original colt guns. Don't cut them out for semi auto guns.
Dan

#3 ranch8

ranch8

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 01:52 PM

Rest easy these mags will not be touched or butchered, as a matter of fact , I want to get that conversion mag catch so as not to harm any mags i run across. Anyone have any expierence with this conversion unit on a semi auto gun?

#4 brian

brian

• Regular Group
  • 345 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 02:35 PM

it's not so much a "unit". more just a surplus GI mag release. as a side note you can just modify the one you have to work with GI mags as well.
from what i understand it's really not that hard to remove from the gun either way you go.

#5 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 13 October 2003 - 02:17 AM

I did this to my Kahr and it works great I used the suppyed mag catch with the gun. Good luck-adlake

#6 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 13 October 2003 - 02:40 PM

The first and best thing you can do to a semi. Its an easy job - just go slow.