Soft Air Tsmg

Just picked up a soft air TSMG from Sportsmans Guide. If you use the 10 ft rule it looks really good.

Shoots 6mm BB's SA only from a 30 rnd box (holds 400 bb's ) .

The catalog says it is a 1928 Military model, the box says Military M1 and the left side of the Rcvr says " Model of 1921". Finned barrel, Slotted cocking handle on top and a Horiz. fore grip.

Gun cost $99 and 10K bb's cost something like $12. Buyers club is less. Delivered in 3 days, not like my trials with Hunters Lodge. Works fine after I learned to load the mag.

Can sit at the computer and shoot at a box on the other side of the room.

Might be worth looking in to. I ordered off their web site

I enjoy shooting down wasp nests around the house with mine. Best practical use I have found.

We have a large hornet's nest nearby, but I haven't gotten that brave yet. Those things feel like baseball bats when they nail you.

Ken

Also very cool is the Marushin airsoft Maxi 8mm M1 carbine. It is gas powered and quite accurate out to about 50 feet. It is a single shot, and you have to hand actuate the operating rod to cock the gun and position the next round into the chamber from the magazine, which holds about 20 8mm BBs. These come in various weights and hit much harder than those in 6mm. The magazine holds the gas charge as well, and is recharged from cans through a tiny brass valve on the bottom.

It is an accurate 1:1 scale model of the real thing, with mostly late-war features and markings, and is made of wood and metal. I hung a reproduction sling and magazine pouch on it from http://www.atthefront.com, and it looks great.

I got mine from http://www.uncompany.comin Hong Kong, but http://www.airsoftmadness.com has them as well, right here in the States. They aren't cheap, but then again, they aren't cheap.

I'm gonna try the wasp's nest trick. Thanks, Ken!

I looked at those, would like someone to come out with a gas or eletric model Thompson replica that is more than a single shot requiring you to pull back on the cocking handle every time.

The neighbors don't mind me using an airsoft pistol in the back yard but get testy when I use the real thing, something about the noise. Course I just took a rabbit in my garden to task with a .45Colt it happened to be stoked with a 300gr Kieth bullet 1,000 fps out of a 4 3/4 barrel. It's a wonder they don't turn me in some days.

BB

TNKen: I knocked all of the wasps nests out from under the eves of the house with the gas M1 carbine, among much grinning, running, and slapping. It's the first time I ever did home improvement with the pull of a trigger!

Yeah, when shooting wasps, good cover is essential. Slice the pie and all that other IDPA good stuff.

Wear em out!!

Ken

I have seen the M21 one. The markings are really neat, but other than that I wouldn't waste the money. A good BB gun shoots better than it does.

The electric one is amazing. It's got an aluminum reciever, shoots great, but has plastic furniture which can't easily be changed, as the mechanics and batteries are stored in there so you can't just put a buttstock of wood on it without a derious boring of the wood (a front handguard would be easy, I'm sure). I haven't bought one just yet, but have drooled over them many times. The darned plastic grips are what's keeping me from buying one right now.

And as for wasps, I use my trusty Red Rider BB gun. I can usually nail a nest way up at the top eaves of my home with a single shot.

And, I've seen 1921/28 conversion kits for the Marui M1--haven't been able to find 'em this side of the PAcific, but they're out there.

Now if only they made drums as part of the conversion kit, and the price were more college-student friendly...

(These things are the only way I'm likely to be able to own a full-auto Thompson here in PRWA, short of divine intervention. Guess that's just one more reason to go home to Texas...)