2 replies to this topic

#1 DC Chris

DC Chris

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:49 PM

All-

Just wanted to let you all know of my recent ATF turnaround time. I had two form 4's go out and went pending on 5/2/2005. I thought I was going to be out of luck, since the WV move was starting to kick in.

I got a call from my SOT yesterday and my gun and suppressor were in. Both forms were approved on 8/10, postmarked on 8/10 and received by my SOT on 8/16. The examiner is James Scott T(horton? I cannot make out his last name) with a supervisor stamp of Dawn Henson. I live in Maryland and my last name starts with a "B". The letter with the forms had the address of:

"Department of Justice
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
National Tracing Center
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25401-9431"

My SOT also said he had talked to Scott (goes by his middle name) and said he was the nicest and most helpful examiner he had ever had the pleasure of talking to at the NFA/ATF. Looks like some of the less desireable "civil servants" didn't make the move. I will be sure to shed a tear for them ... NOT.

All in all, I cannot bitch too much - about 95 days from mailbox to SOT - especially considering the move. I hope everyone elses transfers go as smooth - my last one was a 7 month nightmare for a 1928.

The reason I say this is OT is this unfortunately was not for a Thompson. I decided to pick up on a whim a MAC 10 in 9mm/.45ACP new in box and a new CAC-9 can. Total cost was $2700 for the MAC, $199 for the can and a few bucks for some accessories and mags.

Hope this helps if you are waiting on your Thompsonitis fix....

Chris.

#2 Uncle Dudley

Uncle Dudley

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Hot Rods and Thompsons

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:11 PM

That's encouraging info I needed to hear. MyWH 28 finally got in the state (dealer should pick it up this week). The dealer to dealer transfer went unusually long after the paperwork was sent. I'm hoping for the big "shoot" before Christmas. I can't wait to see the look on both of my sons' faces after they dump an "L" drum. I'm working on the second purchase-each boy should have a Thompson-right.

Uncle Dudley

#3 Poprivit

Poprivit

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:24 PM

The man's name at the ATF is James Scott Robinson, and he's one of the good guys. He cleared up four transfers I've had pending dealer-to-dealer since May 16. His phone number at his desk (guard with your life) is 304-260-1107 in W. Virginia. He was most helpeful to me and is very easy to talk to.

I have 2 more transfers coming through, then will sell my collection of five Class III guns and buy a Colt Tommy.

If you are interested in some less-expensive Class III guns, let me know.

Colt SP-1 - $11.5k

Mac - 10 NIB - $3,400

M2 Carbine (pack gun, not C&R) - $4,900

MK 760 NIB (with hang tag) - $4,600

Ruger AC 556 fresh back from Ruger, 99%, Blue, wood, std. BBL. - $7k

All are enroute, except the AC 556, and will be in my dealer's posession in a week, or so. Photos and involved descriptions available.

100% up front - Buy two or more and I'll pay shipping and you will only need one transfer from your dealer to you.

Tom MUrphy
Gardnerville, NV