• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bridgeport28A1

Bridgeport28A1

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 859 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:58 PM

I saw a 1927 Colt in a glass display case today at a Minnesota police department. The display case had an engraved plaque which said the gun had been confiscated during prohibition. The 1927 Colt must be somewhere in the public record as the training Sgt. I had business with said he gets the somewhat yearly phone call regarding selling it. The Sgt. said the agency had no plans on selling it and that he was not aware if it was a transferable gun. The 1927 Colt had a New York address L drum inserted in it along with a repeat XX magazine on display in the display case. The serial number on the receiver had been ground off and the agency had hand stamped it's intials along with a department's 3 digit number on the receiver as well as the trigger frame. I am unaware if it still has it's 1927 semi-automatic parts installed or it had been converted to a full-automatic configuration. The non cross bolt rear stock may not be Colt wood as it had a milled sling swivel in the standard WW2 location. The wood also appeared have been lacquered at some point. The gun had a compensator and a vertical fore grip. The metal parts appeared to be correct. Sorry...no pictures as I did not have a camera with. I'll check my Roger Cox book and see if it is listed by the serial number as in the possession of the police department. Thought I'd share the 1927 spotting with the board.

#2 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:57 PM

Wheres this at????? I 'd love to see it, I live close by MN.adlake