28 replies to this topic

#21 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:26 AM

well i guess i'm in the group.no thompson just J.C. on my left arm...guess later when i went into the u.s.m.c. i figured it would protect me...well year's later it all worked out!

capone, bug's, spider's, thompson's... i always liked the little u.s.m.c. bulldog with the early helmet...however never did it... i have what's left of my mind to remind me i served with honor!!not a tat!

however to each his own on body art....

and please let's keep it all thompson...i don't want to see any johnson's tattoed here in full glory...{and not the rifle}it's the family channel..wink!!

zamm.... all i can say is. i would not do it..{ouch}but great artwork... a real master.mine was done in kenosha wi. by tatt's thomas.in 1966>>>seem's like a long time ago...white castle's and beer made it easier..wink!

take care,ron

#22 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:00 AM

Ah Ron,
What, no barrel length tats ??
as usual, you are a treat! Thanks for the comp. biggrin.gif

It's funny, last night I was watching a show on Tat's and body mods
on the Discovery channel, thinking outloud that these people are nuts...
until my wife pointed out that I did indeed belong to this club!
Now, theres some irony in action laugh.gif

It's kind of fun to see folks from all different walks having at least
one thing in common, old General Thompson's workhorse.

best, Z

#23 chitowngangster

chitowngangster

Outlaw History Expert - Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Roland @ Headless Thompson Gunner,Aug 27 2005, 09:48 PM)
Ok, I admit it, I've never understood tatoos, way too permanent for me.  A chick with a tatoo does nothing for me.    But I got to ask, Chitown guy, what's the allure?  I can see being into the gangster era and Thompsons and such, but why a permanent reminder of a thug, murderer, lowlife, POS?  What are you trying to say, death from syphilus triumphs over the law?   To me it would be like a Che, Stalin, Hitler or Castro tatoo.  Nothing personal but where you coming from with this?

Well Roland you have a right to ask.It's been 18 years i've into this hobby and subject of gangsters(strictly 20' 30's era).
I've done t.v.,newspapers and magazines and thought i should mark that part of my life.

Why Al? Because he's the archetypal gangster from which all followed.Dozens of books and movies were made of him so we can also question why those were made.
People seem to lump up Manson,Hitler and Dahmer with Capone. (Al was a proud American) Al never killed women or children.He killed other gangsters who knew the rules of the game.He is a criminal and a thug.many politician, judges and police at that time were just as bad as Al by being paid off and drinking the stuff he supplied.
He's listed in the world book of records for making 107 million in profits for the year 1927.he could have been a good legitimate businessman.

Lastly,i guess since now that i've met actual Capone family members and that they have shared many a story with me,i got to see the real people behind all the hype.

Much different from what the media shows.

Hope this clarifies it somewhat.Oh and maybe i'm just a weirdo.LOL!I think chicks with tattoos and peircings are hot.

M wink.gif

P.S. I have old newspapers and many were against thompsons back then.Calling it a death machine.
I don't care i still think it's the damn finest gun i ever layed my eyes on.

Edited by chitowngangster, 28 August 2005 - 10:57 AM.

#24 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:55 AM

"You look like trash all marked up like that. Cheap trash. You don't ever get your name in the paper. You just get them pictures printed on your skin by Bonnie and Clyde. I'm so glad your Ma ain't alive to see this here thing. All jellied up like that."

#25 chitowngangster

chitowngangster

Outlaw History Expert - Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (Sgt @ Aug 28 2005, 10:55 AM)
"You look like trash all marked up like that. Cheap trash. You don't ever get your name in the paper. You just get them pictures printed on your skin by Bonnie and Clyde. I'm so glad your Ma ain't alive to see this here thing. All jellied up like that."

Hey Sgt is that from a movie?

#26 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3465 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:36 AM

sgt comment's from bonnie and clyde..1967 movie,not the later t.v.version..michael j.pollard had the chest tattoo done.

also zamm.i watched the same program....all of them for sure need a pych ward soon...cat man is off the map. and lizard dude is off the planet... and leopard guy...well let's just say, put on some cloth.> and cover the nutsack for humantie's sake!!

and on the capone tat...to each his own....thats not really that radical...heck if truman can have one!ya know the old prez at the end of ww2...

never seen a "hitler ' tatt yet.or maybe rommel, or stalin or che or castro... however i am sure they are out there.

remember all that we do is temporary anyway.

one thing in life that always stay's the same is "change"

and not those few coin's in yer pocket.wink!

take care,ron

#27 Zamm

Zamm

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:43 AM

chitowngangster,
Yep, "Bonnie and Clyde", by Arthur Penn.
"What's his name" giving Michael J. Pollard a dressing down!
Ah Sarge, how you remember these things! smile.gif
Z

#28 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:01 PM

Zamm--
I am a nerd full of trivia. If that really on your back, it is exquisite work. Them's "skin illustrations," don't ever call them tattoos, to paraphase Bradbury.

I had a traumatic tattoo experience as a youngster. I remember my drunken Uncle Harry reaching in my rabbit's cage and grabbing my pet, Fluffy, by the ears. Uncle Harry was going to make some stew, but fluffy had other ideas. My Uncle had this very vintage dragon tattoo on his arm. I remember Fluffy kicking at it and blood was gushing all over that dragon. That image was indelibly etched in my psyche, blink.gif along with sad memories of Fluffy.

#29 Zamm

Zamm

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:35 AM

Thanks Sarge!
Yep, it's real, you know me, quite wacked! laugh.gif
Collaboration between me and the Tat artist, or "Skin Illustartor" so to speak...
Man, I don't know what's worse, the stew or the blood part!! ohmy.gif
Z