- - - - -

Yawn......another L Drum Dump Movie

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 13 October 2003 - 06:04 PM

In my seemingly endless quest for self-video glorification, I have uploaded another few seconds of me and my Tommy. This time, you guessed it, it's another fifty rounds blazing from the muzzle of my Westy 1928--with a 21 actuator.

user posted image

Old Time Rock and Rollin' with the Thompson

The video is about 5 megabytes, and does require the www.quicktime.com plug in.

Today I finally managed some free time. That, coupled with a few hundred rounds, led to some fun. My main purpose was to test fire Michael's (aka Norm) C drum. More about that later. Anyway, for those who love to see the Thompson in action, here ya go.

#2 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 13 October 2003 - 06:10 PM

Rust : You are one sick puppy! You obviously have WAY too much time on your hands, wish I could say the same. ROCK ON! laugh.gif

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4538 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 13 October 2003 - 07:22 PM

Chris, you take this trooper thing way to serious! At least a smile after you put 50 into that car that wouldn't stop. laugh.gif

#4 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 13 October 2003 - 08:27 PM

Thanks Chris, you can always be counted upon to lighten things up and entertain the more needy (those of us without FA). sad.gif blink.gif Ever consider terminating a Jack-O-Lantern, for kicks, and posting it for us to enjoy? blink.gif biggrin.gif Just a thought! smile.gif cool.gif Regards, Walter

#5 catnipman

catnipman

• Regular Group
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Tommy guns, what else? Actually, other machine guns too, vegetable gardening, cooking, PCs, woodworking, football, travel, cinema, books, medicine, nutrition, politics, cats, and art.

Posted 14 October 2003 - 11:15 AM

So, I think the thing that just "makes" this vignette is the punctuation at the end provided by the casual locking-back of the bolt, which seems to occur almost as an afterthought. Consequently, I'd give this production a two thumbs up.

#6 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:02 PM

Chris,
Your scaring me with that hat!
Rock it!
Zamm

#7 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:29 AM

Glad you all like the vid. So, it is a tad melodramatic and perhaps even eccentric, but hey. You gotta have some fun with an 8k piece of metal! Zamm, wait till you see my next hat.......

#8 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:41 AM

I like the hat! I also like the gun!

Norm

#9 adlake

adlake

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Fords(1982 Ford Fairmont,351-C, AOD,sport style Futura.), 1920-1930 lifestyles, all thompson guns (except M-1).

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:51 AM

I love this video's hey Chris smile alittle after that I would be glowing-adlake

#10 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4538 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:52 AM

I've got to go shooting this week-end! I'm having withdraws.
Brickyard, you up for burning a few hundred rounds?

#11 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2053 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:12 AM

Excellent video!

But! Remember if you live in "Cubeland" at work and forget to turn down the sound (as I did), you WILL draw a crowd! biggrin.gif

I like the pumpkin suggection.....

Mike

#12 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 15 October 2003 - 08:14 AM

Mike: Sure, I'd go for that! tongue.gif Sunday would be better for me but either day would be fine. I'll be off line till late in the day Friday so, drop me a note and I'll catch it when I get in.

#13 Brickyard

Brickyard

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:WWII guns<br>Golf when not shooting or reading this board<br>Family (Have to say that, someone will read this)<br>My dogs (screw the cat)<br>My '53 Willy's Jeep

Posted 15 October 2003 - 11:18 AM

Video test: I'm working on the problems now .... I think I've got it figured out. Can a couple of you give me some feedback. Email is fine. Thanks.

CJR

Another Drum Dump

#14 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:58 PM

CJ:

Wow! Great vid. Your gun seems faster than mine, but I suppose it could be the ammo or the codec.....

#15 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:30 PM

Chris,

Now I've heard it all. Blaming your Thompson's performance on Microsoft Windows! laugh.gif

Both videos are great. I wish my 27A1 could do that!

Norm

#16 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 05:37 PM

Guess I should have bought an iThompson or a MacTommy. Then I would have never worried about jams, etc.!

#17 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4538 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:49 PM

Great job CJ.
Maybe we can get a good pumpkin explosion on Saturday! Say 3-4 Thompson's blasting one evil pumkin charging us. You know, the are evil after all. We could put a towel or turbin on it, and it would be justified wouldn't it? As I have said, "kill them all and let the Great Pumpkin sort them out!" laugh.gif

#18 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:43 PM

I'm looking forward to, 'The Attack Of The Killer Pumpkins,' and their repulsion and subdual by the valorous Brickyard and full auto 45! tongue.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif Could knighthoods be far off? rolleyes.gif laugh.gif Regards, Walter

#19 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:47 PM

laugh.gif Make sure it's a pre-ban pumpkin! blink.gif

Norm

#20 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 08:22 PM

So what am I doing wrong? My video looks like I have no control at all, though I hit the target ( a cooler in this case). I try to do all the things I think I am supposed to, but still feel like it shoot me.