• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pca16

pca16

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:26 PM

I contacted the maker of Whistlers Mother with the Thompson, Winston Churchill with the Thompson and Humphrey Bogart with the Thompson. These are costly to produce. I am going to have him make me 10 of each. These are laminated and foam backed. The price will be 100 to 125 each. I paid 100 each for mine several years ago. I already have about half sold, I am only posting this here as I remember some interest.

#2 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:40 AM

pca16--
As an artist, I was just curious if anyone still owned the copyrights to those.

#3 pca16

pca16

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:47 AM

I have no idea. A friend of mine made a bunch up about 10 years ago and I haven't seen any since. I would think they are probably public domain. The price will be the cost of production.

#4 Lancer

Lancer

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1055 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:10 AM

What your describing sounds like a place mat. If your source is able to make copies why can't he do them up as prints? I think prints on quality paper would be much nicer for framing.

#5 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

What's sad is that I remember that issue of Parade. I know for a fact though that its gone now. sad.gif